This weekend we went to the River for the first time with Sammy...this was her first ever river trip. Joe's parents have a place in Parker right below the Parker Dam, which is right below Lake Havasu. The first day, Friday, was MISERABLE! It was super windy and very chilly, so we ended up staying inside the whole time. Sammy didn't mind, she got to play with Grammie and Pop-Pop and all the new toys she had never seen. On Saturday, it was B-A-U-TIFUL! Joe drove Sammy around in the golf cart, we played on the grass outside the house, we took her down to the dock to see the water and many other activites...
So on the windy day (Friday), while Sammy was taking a nap, Joe and I had a little "get-a-way". Our so called "get-a-way" was a drive in the golf cart. Joe and I clearly DON'T know how to have a good time anymore, because our idea of a "good time" was taking tourist pics at the Dam. People thought we were crazy as they drove by, but Joe and I got a great laugh!
Notice my hair blowing out of control!
I had the wear my hood all tied up the whole time because it was SOOOO cold-don't let the sunny backgroud deceive you!
On our little rendevous back home, I took a pic of the river.

Joe's attempt at holding the dam! This was on the Havasu side.

Mommy and Sammy on the dock, looking at the boats and ducks on Saturday-what difference a day made!
Ready for her ride with Grammie and Pop-Pop

Playing on the grass in front of the house...what a little ham she is(I'm talking about Sammy!)

She loves to stand...ahhhh how cute they are!

Wouldn't be a day at the River without her shades!
Joe had some aunts, uncles, and cousins staying at their house down River and we went down to say hello...this is Sadie with her. Sammy gets SOOOO excited around animals-she sure is Joe's daughter!

It's a hard life on vacation!
Awe, great pics :) Looks like you guys had fun even though it was so cold on one of the days. How great that Joe's parents have a place out at the river! I'm sure Sammy will have many more fun times there.
ReplyDelete