Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FINALLY!!!

Finally, the mother of all posts that apparently about 30 bloggers have been waiting.  Thank you all for your wonderful comments, texts, and calls!  We are so lucky to have such amazing friends and family.
Now for Travis' birth story!  We went into the hospital at 5:30am on Thursday morning for the planned C-section.  The geared me all up and then we just waited.  Luckily we only waited till about 8:00 before they actually took me in and the section was planned for 7:30, not too bad (we didn't have Sammy till 10:27 and hers was planned for 7:30 too!)
Travis John was born at 8:27 am, April 2, 2009.  He weighed 6lbs 15 oz and was 19 inches long!  When the first weighed him the wrote on his little card that he was 6lbs 7 oz.  Then the second night he was weighed and they said he was 6lbs 11oz, and the nurse and Joe were both thinking, babies don't gain weight, but usually loose weight the first couple of days...so they looked back in the computer and he really was 6lbs 15 oz!  Still itty bitty!!!
When he came out he sounded like a little duck squawking, so sweet.  While I was getting stitched up, I could see them cleaning him up on the table to my right and I noticed that his entire arm was blue.  Of course I am freaking out and asked Joe, "is he okay, is he okay?"  He has a Port Wine birth mark that goes from his shoulder to his hand.  The doctors said that no one knows why it happens, it just does for some kids.  It could fade in a couple months or years, so we just have to wait and see.  He has a healthy heart, brain, organs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, that is all that matters!  

Grandma and Travis
I was in tears when Sammy came to the hospital!  She was so adorable, wanted to know right away where Travis was and immediately, "I want to hold him, he's mine"!  So she sat with me and got to ooo and ahhh over him with me!   

Travis gave her a Big Sister Dora that she could play with while she stayed at Grammie and Pop-Pops.

My sweet boy!


For Christmas, Joe's grandmother gave us this bracelet that Joe's dad wore in the hospital when he was born.  The nurses used to make these for all the babies.  I re-strung it onto different ribbon so that we could take it for Travis to where too.  She gave it to us because Joe is the first Paino boy on our side of the family, carrying on the name!  
We got to come home on Saturday, which we were SOOOO happy about.  However, leaving the hospital I threw up 2 times!  I was for sure they were going to tell me that we couldn't go home!  We came home and I was still nauseous and had a pounding headache.  The next two days I had the same headache that could only be helped by laying down.  Every time I got up I would cry from the pain of the headache, mind you I am one two different pain killers and they didn't' do a thing.  Come to find out I had a spinal headache that we were told could take up to 3 weeks to go away!!!  WHAT?  NOT OK!  Well, good news is that it was gone yesterday!  Thank goodness!  I am doing 100% better today, just still taking it easy since I did have major surgery!
When we got home Saturday, all Sammy wanted to do was hold Travis. She has been SO nurturing, completely distressed when he cries and tries to soothe him.  She has been really understanding of "mommy having an owie (sp?)", and more curious than ever about me nursing Travis...long story, VERY interesting though!
Telling him "it's otay, Tabis"



Grandpa and Travis


We went to the doctor yesterday and he got a basic check up (our pediatrician doesn't go to Corona Regional, so we had to have a different pediatrician discharge him)  I don't think pictures truly show how TINY he is...so this kinda shows how he doesn't even fit in the car seat!

Auntie Katie, Uncle Terence, and the boys all came to visit yesterday
Sammy seems so grown up now!




Grammie and Pop-Pop brought over dinner last night!

So that is a recap of the last couple days.  I have a million pictures, but it is amazing that it takes me 2 days to edit and post anything!!!  I should be sleeping right now!
One last thing-it is AMAZING to Joe and I how different boys are from girls already!  Lets start with diapers!  The peeing the instant air hits him is a challenge, who can be quicker? Such a new world, but we feel so lucky to be part of it!  It is amazing how I can love to little people so much!!!

19 comments:

  1. Tawny, Such beautiful pictures of Travis! We are missing you guys and are so happy to hear you are feeling better. Sammy seems to be adjusting very well... such a special bond the two of them are forming! Can't wait to talk with you and hear more!! Lots of love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is so adorable! I bet Sammy absolutely loves him. Looks like your family is complete, for now! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just LOVE the pictures. What a little angel!!!

    Looks like Sammy is having a blast as well. Great idea giving her a present from Travis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Tawny! i love those pics of Travis and Sammy. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. H is handsome! The best boy peeing advice I can give is get some cloth diapers and as soon as you get the diaper off toss one on top of his area and it will soak up the pee while you work on your changing speed. They do outgrow it some as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! Congratulations. I am sorry to hear about your spinal headache. I bet that was awful. So glad you are feeling a lot better though. The pictures of Sammy with Travis are so precious. He is just adorable. We can't wait to meet him! Thanks for posting when you should be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The headache sounds awful Tawny :( I am really glad that it is gone and I hope it's gone for good! It's hard enough recovering from a csection. It sounds like you are doing well and adjusting as a mama of two already :) He is such a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again! Glad to hear your headache is gone!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations again! We are so excited for you! Travis is absolutely gorgeous!!! Perfect in every way! We can't wait to meet Travis and introduce you to Olivia too :)

    P.S. Jonathan wants you to add him to the list of approved blog readers please :) His e-mail is jerkwrench@gmail.com :) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! He is perfect. Such a precious little boy. Looks like Sammy LOVES him already.

    Good luck with the diaper changing... it doesn't get any better. You have to be so fast and have a change of clothes just in case-- for him and yourself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! He is so cute! I love the pictures with his big sis, it brings back so many memories of my little ones. They grow up too fast, soak it all up.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh- such adorable pictures. Sammy looks like she is so proud to have a baby brother. I'm glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch, that headache sounds painful. Matt's mom said she had that with one of her babies too.

    The pictures are adorable, thanks for sharing :) He is just precious! Sammy seems to be doing SO great with him, how nice :)

    Seriously you look so great after having major surgery! Your hair is all nice and your face looks great in those hospital pictures!

    As for the peeing I used to keep washcloths nearby because as soon as the air would hit Ethan's goods we would get wet. I would put a baby washcloth over it as soon as I undid his diaper. It does stop after they get a little bigger :)

    I hope you recover quickly and easily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is adorable! Thanks for letting us stop by... call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for the pictures and the stories! It is great to document and great for us to share in the memories with you! What an amazing journey you are on now with your fam of 4. I look forward to hearing more about your journey....but REMEMBER to rest and take it easy right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, since you went private I've been paying more attention to the live feed...I had Singapore and Bangkok on there tonight! Kind of freaky!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy- lots of times when you have those hits if you notice they are only there for zero seconds, well it's because your blog came up on a google search but the person didn't actually click on it. My feed reader will tell you how long someone is on your blog, and most of them are zero seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tawny!!! I saw you left a message on my blog, and I went straight to your blog to look for a post! Sure enough...there it was, and on TUESDAY! I checked and didn't see one! That was yesterday, I thought.
    Anyway, so happy for you. He is just darling! And yes, Sammy will now seem so grown up! Amazing how fast that happens. He is tiny! And your pictures are so great! I am so glad he is here. Also, glad you are feeling better now! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is so adorable. You all look great. I hope you had a good delivery. I'm sure you have tons of friends and family over this week and weekend, so does dinner next week one night sound good? I'd love to do it for you guys. I'll call you on early on in the week.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...