Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cayucos 2009

Last Sunday we embarked on our 9 day vacation to Cayucos. Cayucos is a small little beach city about 5 minutes north of Morro Bay and about an hour south of Monterrey. We went with Joe's grandmother, his sister and her family, his brother and his family, his parents and us! So a grand total of 9 adults and 8 kids!!! We had a full house, but tons of fun! Omigoodness, I have SOOO many pictures! I can't even believe how many we took, probably about 1000! No joke! So I apologize ahead of time for how many I'm posting...I really did weed out alot!!! It was a great beach vacation and both kiddos did great! We were very busy everyday...

We kept entertained in the car
We took LONG naps while driving (with crying in between)
We got VERY excited to go to the beach
We packed the whole house in the back of our truck!

We were SO excited to stretch our legs
And we SCREAMED "OCEAN OVER DER"!!!
We stayed at a beautiful house right on the beach (well about 30 stairs up)
We thought about the week ahead and what fun we would have
We reveled in the beautiful the day was already!

We posed with Morro Rock
We played in the sun
We didn't even mind the overcast mornings
We searched for some treasures on the beach

We were amazed at what we found!

We JUMPED with joy!
We ran from the waves
We played with the birds
We found things from Finding Nemo
We squished the sand in our toes

We went for a bike ride
We snuggled together on the way home
We played in the waves
We stared at our reflections
And thought about running in alone
We wanted to skin board but Daddy told Mommy that it wasn't a good idea, maybe next year?
We went to see the Elephant Seals about 25 minutes up the coast
They were NOT pretty



And smelled HORRIBLE!
...but we still searched for more
We let our hair blow in the wind
We took off our shoes and enjoyed the view
We picked some flowers
We talked with Pop Pop

We snuggled while the sun set



We took many family pictures this one in particular that shows just whose kids is whose! (

We tried some sand
'
We Baby Bjorn-ed around
We played in the wind


We played in the flowers

We posed alot

And made silly faces
We put our stamp on the sand like we do every year to show how we grow



We tried to stay warm

We enjoyed our warm clothes



And played with our hands



Then we did MORE chewing on our hands


We thought it was funny sometimes
We learned to smile very booooteeful for mommy
We stopped to smell the flowers
We took more naps
We got upset because we wanted a "pink balloon"

We enjoyed strolling around this memorial off the pier

We contemplated diving, jumping, and overhead casting
We took a walk down the peir






We saw seals right below us on the pier
We have many great memories!
We also had proffessional pictures taken with the whole family, but we are just waiting for the cd to come in the mail...so MORE to come!!!

11 comments:

  1. Great post! You guys were busy! I like the pictures you take every year with the names in the sand. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great pictures Tawny! and I just love reading your comments on all of them! They are hilarious and perfect for every one! Thank you for sharing this special trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Family!!! How do you decide which pictures to frame? They are all wonderful! I love the story and comments that go with each pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tawny, those pictures are all just fabulous!!!!!!!
    Can't pick a fav!! I love that area up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't imagine how many pics you had to go through and decide on. They are all good. Looks like a fun trip. Lots of great photo opps.

    Can't wait to see the professional ones too. You need to post more too... we didn't see any of the cousins pics, or other fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip! We missed our Cayucos family trip this year :( Hopefully next year. And maybe we'll be there at the same time, who knows :) Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a lot of pics! Really good ones too! looks like a lot of fun was had!! I want to see some with the entire extended family. Thats a lot of kiddos! I bet they had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fun trip! I love all your pictures and comments :) What a fun family tradition that is, glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the pictures! You got a ton of good ones. I love Sammy's pigtails, they look so cute. Was that a baby gate on the beach? Glad you guys saw the elephant seals too...so ugly! There were so many more the last time we went. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a blast! I love the picture of you in the pink shirt and hat...you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great pictures, your little Sammy sure does smile good for the camera! You do a great job of capturing your kids' expressions! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...