This was a photoshoot for the books!!!
My dear friend Jessica, who also started her photography business Jess Hekman Photography, took our family pictures again for Fall and Xmas cards.
Let me just say I am the FIRST to get seriously stressed when taking pictures.
I always go into my sessions with a plan, a vision of what I want in the end.
How the kids will look, how they'll act, how they'll smile.
I'm also the first to know that things don't always go "perfect".
Well perfect didn't happen...until a little later.
We went up to Oak Glen for my "vision", and we ended up looking for Jess and Jess was looking for us.
Basically we drove circles around each other.
We were looking for each other with OUT cell reception.
We finally found one another...but were running out of good light time.
Rushing for the sun, we jumped out of the car and started to snap.
The kids were perfect, good attitudes, smiles, having fun...







UGGG, and then playing in the leaves, T tripped on something, fell.


Not just fell, but went NOSE first into a STONE STEP!!!
BRIDGE OF HIS NOSE FIRST!!!
Poor kid was gasping for air, I'm thinking he can't breathe, and Jess was worried and being patient with our situation.
Well, no blood, just instant swelling.

And a PO'd kid!
We tried for a few more...







and then realized we'd have to find a time to try it again.
Jess still got some amazing shots the first time, but she knew it wasn't my "vision" because of T getting hurt and cutting things short.
So we did it again...but this time in like 40 degree weather!





Miss S was FREEZING! And MAD about it!
She kept begging to get back in the car, shoot we all wanted to get back in the car for that matter!


But in most pics, you'd never know :)















She nailed it!
LOVE them ALL...the hardest part was choosing one for our Xmas cards!
But I've made those, in the process of printing them, and will be mailing them off soon!
Thanks Jess!!!
OHHHH, and T, we totally thought he broke his nose!
Good news is that kids can't break their noses till after around 6 because their little noses are still mostly cartilage and forming!
He is doing totally fine and gave me a great story to remember the most crazy photo shoot ever!
Told Jess I can't wait to see what the next one brings!
My dear friend Jessica, who also started her photography business Jess Hekman Photography, took our family pictures again for Fall and Xmas cards.
Let me just say I am the FIRST to get seriously stressed when taking pictures.
I always go into my sessions with a plan, a vision of what I want in the end.
How the kids will look, how they'll act, how they'll smile.
I'm also the first to know that things don't always go "perfect".
Well perfect didn't happen...until a little later.
We went up to Oak Glen for my "vision", and we ended up looking for Jess and Jess was looking for us.
Basically we drove circles around each other.
We were looking for each other with OUT cell reception.
We finally found one another...but were running out of good light time.
Rushing for the sun, we jumped out of the car and started to snap.
The kids were perfect, good attitudes, smiles, having fun...







UGGG, and then playing in the leaves, T tripped on something, fell.


Not just fell, but went NOSE first into a STONE STEP!!!
BRIDGE OF HIS NOSE FIRST!!!
Poor kid was gasping for air, I'm thinking he can't breathe, and Jess was worried and being patient with our situation.
Well, no blood, just instant swelling.

And a PO'd kid!
We tried for a few more...







and then realized we'd have to find a time to try it again.
Jess still got some amazing shots the first time, but she knew it wasn't my "vision" because of T getting hurt and cutting things short.
So we did it again...but this time in like 40 degree weather!





Miss S was FREEZING! And MAD about it!
She kept begging to get back in the car, shoot we all wanted to get back in the car for that matter!


But in most pics, you'd never know :)















She nailed it!
LOVE them ALL...the hardest part was choosing one for our Xmas cards!
But I've made those, in the process of printing them, and will be mailing them off soon!
Thanks Jess!!!
OHHHH, and T, we totally thought he broke his nose!
Good news is that kids can't break their noses till after around 6 because their little noses are still mostly cartilage and forming!
He is doing totally fine and gave me a great story to remember the most crazy photo shoot ever!
Told Jess I can't wait to see what the next one brings!

Beautiful. And I am talking about YOU. You are a beautiful woman. and these photos are amazing. You guys picked out the perfect coordinating clothes and the perfect location. I love them. It is definitely going to be hard to pick just one. Looks like you have been doing well. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI love LOVE the one of you guys in the trees with the sun peeking out! What a lovely shoot and you look AMAZING! PS - my youngest got injured at every photoshoot we had until just recently!
ReplyDeleteTawny, they are amazing!!! Just gorgeous! What a perfect setting too. I love it up there. My favs are the ones with all of you in the plaid shirts. So rugged and wintery looking. Just beautiful...every single one of them!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to take pictures in a beautiful setting... of beautiful subjects! You guys rocked it.
ReplyDeleteAt least you have a fun story behind this shoot ;)
Beautiful!!!!! Simply beautiful! Love them all!
ReplyDeleteThey all turned out great! Can't wait to see which picture you picked! We couldn't choose just one, so we used 5! Maybe 6? I can't remember.
ReplyDeleteThese are just beautiful Tawny! What a gorgeous family you have!
ReplyDeleteSeriously FABULOUS!!! I have never seen a bad picture of you guys. Every single one is perfect! I'm bringing you when we get our family pictures taken...hope u don't mind, lol! You guys are adorable! Oh, and awesome photography too; great job!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh how the heck can you choose???? They are all awesome! I LOVE your long hair- so pretty! Is this a friend of yours? Her photog is awesome. I love them all :) Hey, new address is smallwoodfamily102010.blogspot.com (I changed it and just put it back up, really long story)
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!!!
There is no way you can choose just one. These a re freaking amazing! BEAUTIFUL family my dear!!
ReplyDeleteLove all these photos...such beautiful work. Of course she had beautiful people to work with. Happy new Year Tawny and family, I really enjoyed this.
ReplyDelete