Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Well actually, today is Jenn's birthday (my sister-in-law), so happy birthday Jenn! We'll do that birthday next weekend...so today we celebrated my dad's birthday which is actually on Tuesday! I baked the cake and my mom and dad did the bbq-ing. When we got there Sammy wanted to play with Heidi, my parent's German Shepard, however, Heidi is a little too big for Sammy. She doesn't understand and stood by the screen door screaming and laughing at the dog every time she passed!


We made Grandpa open presents first thing (they were BBQ-ing related, so we wanted him to use them today!)


Then the boys BBQ-ed...you would think the meat was alive they way they look here!


And of course they had to make sure the food was good...my dad said it was "the chef's privilege"!

Hanging out on Grandpa's lap eating his dinner!



Birthday cake time! Joe and I thought this was a pretty funny joke (the candles say 95), but my dad didn't think so! He is turning 59!


Lucky girl got to taste Grandpa's cake...

...and a little bit more...

...until she grabbed a WHOLE mouthful! I guess she is practicing for her 1st birthday that is coming up in 1 WEEK!

What a great ending to a beautiful weekend. Now it's bath time, since she still has cake is places I didn't know could have cake...and then bedtime...and then mommy and daddy get to relax and catch up on the shows that have been recorded over the week!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend. Too bad tomorrow is Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy is soooo cute! Love the pic of her on the bar! Her and Derek are exactly a year apart! He turns 2 on the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again... I need your help changing my background... I don't know how to do it. And I want to add music... Help! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...