I am SOOO very grateful to have a husband that is so darn HANDY! I almost just expect him to be able to do EVERYTHING and get frustrated when he tells me to relax that it is a more complex job than I think. When we first moved into our house he put up new baseboards, laid tile downstairs and up, and put up new lights in our bathrooms. Well he never ceases to amaze me...since he got laid off he has been the resident "House Doctor" in our neighborhood, doing handyman jobs here and there, and being quiet successful at it! Well I decided that I needed my own handyman and he embarked on putting in can lights in our kitchen. We used to have the dumb fluorescent lights and I have always wanted the cans...well I got my wish!
This was after Joe had laid the tile which was about a year. We didn't have our oven or microwave, we were shopping! (notice Joe hiding behind the counter-hahaha)
This was after he put the lights in.

My handyman!

Gotta love how messy everything gets with home improvement!

Now the "mudding" process. Getting the texture to be the same as the rest of the ceiling is always a challenge!

And the crown molding...

Ta-da, all done!

He is now installing a mini can light above my sink as I type! More pictures to come! I should be getting ready for a 1st birthday right now...
Good job Joe, it looks great! Aren't handy husbands awesome? I know I sure appreciate mine :)
ReplyDelete