Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cayucos

This is going to be the mother load of all posts, I have so many pictures and I even narrowed it down! We went to Cayucos with Joe's family August 15 through the 20. The rest of the family stayed till Saturday, but we had to go since I had to be back at school on Wednesday. Which is the very reason it has been SOOOOO long since I last posted anything! I will be posting something else explaining all about what has been going on at my school...that's a whole other LONG story! So, back to Cayucos....Cayucos is a small little beach town just past Morrow Bay. It is not like Newport, with a boardwalk at sun most of the day, rather it is mostly cloudy and if the sun did come out it was super windy! We stayed in a beautiful house with Joe's parents, Grandmother, brother and his family, and sister with her family. There were 9 adults and 6 kids!

We had a great time, riding bikes through the little town, shopping, walking down the Pier and playing on the beach. It was a bummer that we had to leave early to go back to my mess at school :(

Here is the house we stayed in right on the beach (well about thirty stairs up) and if you look really closely you will see Joe's dad scaling the wall for some reason?

And this was the view from the house, beautiful!
...and this is what our truck looked like for a 5 day trip! We had EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink!

The neat thing about Cayucos is that since it is such a windy beach, we saw wind surfers almost everyday, it was amazing what they could do out there!

The second day we were there, Joe and I took Sammy on a bike ride. We went to the Pier and let Sammy walk around which was funny to see. The Pier is really old and the wood slats are not super close together, so every now and then, Sammy would stop and look down through them to see the water.

These are some of my favorite pictures!







On our way back from the Pier, we found a little playground to let Sammy run around and play on. She is getting so big and able to do everything by herself on the playground, like climbing and the slide!


The boys all helped dig a big pit for the kids to play in, which they LOVED, including Sammy!

Sammy loved getting all sandy, putting sand in her pail, and building sand castles with her cousins!



Playing with Maggie in the pit



This picture has to be narrated because it is so darn funny. I told Joe to make the kids laugh so that I could take their pictures. Joe was doing everything short of standing on his head, with had all the kids doing huge belly laughs, which you can tell below. All except Sammy who seems to be the slight bit amused! I figure it's because she is so over her dad's funny antics!

I thought this picture was funny, everyone is doing something in the opposite way! HAHAHA!

We all love Sammy kisses, including Connor!


I love seeing these two together!

I took the two same exact pictures last year when we were in Cayucos, but this year our feet didn't turn out too well...still cute though!

This would be Joe thinking he is king of the mountain. Cayucos has many large rocks in the water, but what is neat about the beach is that it is very shallow for a long time. If it were warmer, it would be a blast to play in!

Sammy tried to get everyone she could to read with her, including Grammie Polly and...

Sarah and Pop-Pop!

I love this picture of Sammy with the flowers and ocean behind her!

Joe was looking for sand crabs for the kids one morning and came back with these GIANT crabs. I think he killed two of them because they sat in the warm black pot all morning :(

Larry made and brought a game called Horse Nuts that we were all sceptical of, but ended up having many laughs playing it!

Me and my beautiful niece Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time. We love to go camping in San Simeon, which isn't far from there... it's a nice break from the heat even though it's not warm enough to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip! It's so wierd to see you guys all bundled up when it's been 100 degrees here! I love all the pier pics and the one of Sammy and the flowers... very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tawny, those are outstanding pictures! I love the ones of Sammy and her Daddy on the pier, and the one shot of the side of the pier best. Just great! Greg's Auntie Mame used to live on Morro Bay and we have been up to Cayucos too. Lovely!
    Glad you had such fun!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tawny, those are outstanding pictures! I love the ones of Sammy and her Daddy on the pier, and the one shot of the side of the pier best. Just great! Greg's Auntie Mame used to live on Morro Bay and we have been up to Cayucos too. Lovely!
    Glad you had such fun!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a good time. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great pics. You must have been using your new camera. The beach house looks wonderful. Such a cute pic of Sammy on the back of the truck all loaded up. And it looks like there was some sunshine. The water looks so clean and inviting, even though I am sure it was cold. And super cute pics of the boys digging the pit in the sand for all the kids! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I want to go here! amazing!! And you are a great picture taker!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...