Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dirty Little Secrets

I'm a liar.
I said I was "back". I said I was ready to blog again.
Lie.
I'm more overwhelmed than ever.
Well, again, I'm lying. Maybe not "ever".
But pretty overwhelmed.


I can't say no.

Well I can't say no to most things.
I complain about it, but do it anyway.
Call my Besty Ross.
I sewed LOTS of Colonial vests and eve this Colonial flag for a play my 5th graders performed.
They rocked.


The train track pics.

The photographer, or wannabe photog, that would be my Handyman and me.
The tracks-dead.
AKA: They don't have trains that run on them anymore.
Really people, would I go on tracks with my kids in heels that had the possibility of a train coming?
No.
I know MOST of you know that, but I just had to say it I guess.
I laughed when Momtog posted her cute son's pics that she took on tracks (where I was motivated by the idea) and she put a disclaimer.
I thought, really who would ask that.
Well, I was asked!










My new cool yellow chair.

Goodwill.
That's right, a TOTAL steal!
$15
I walked in on Mother's Day.
Saw it.
Sent Joe in.
It was thrown in the back of the truck.
Best part (after Lysol-ing the whole thing) I don't care what happens to it.
That's what gives it character.
And, Krysten, I'm renting it out :)


I have an attitude.

Mostly about EVERYTHING in life right now.
I know I have one because I stare at her everyday.
She is my mini-me with her Daddy's face.


I've lost weight.

Yep, totally excited about it!
I'm not a bragger. Well at least I don't think I am.
My sweet friends have complimented me and ask-"what are you doing?"
My secret: Not being pregnant or nursing.
Back up.
I got pregnant with Miss S-translation-eat what I want when I want.
I nursed her for a year--translation-eat what I want when I want.
I got pregnant with my Little Man 2 months after I stopped nursing--translation-eat what I want when I want.
I nursed T for a year--translation-eat what I want when I want.
I stopped nursing T and started caring about what I put in my mouth.
Let me tell you, I worked my BUTT off last summer, exercising almost EVERYDAY.
Didn't see a lb drop.
I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat.
I don't care, and neither does the scale.
For Lent I gave up soda.
I still haven't had it since.
I gave up sugar and sweets.
MOST baby fat-GONE!
That's a lot of fat-4 years of caring for babies worth ;)
I feel good and HELLL-OOO Summer is among us!
But NO matter the weather, it is NEVER too hot for leg warmers.
Even if you wear them on your arms.



Blogging stresses me out.

I get ONE day behind and I don't even want to look at what I've missed.
Should I feel like that?
So I ask, why do I blog?
Why do I comment?
Why do people comment on my life's stories?
I then have immense guilt because I've looked at other blogs, but haven't commented.
Should I be guilty because of that? :(
I love who I've met, I love who I get to follow, I love being able to "talk" to my girlfriends daily and weekly.
But I'm stressed about it.

I haven't cooked since...
Yep, don't even remember.
Makes me sad.
Goal for 10 weeks of Summer vacation.
(Besides becoming a brown bear)
Cooking at least 5 times a week.
I can do it.
I could do it even EASIER if you sent me some delicious, easy recipes :)


Only 6 1/2 days of school left.

Bittersweet.
I'm boxing up shop, moving my "other life" into storage.
VERY hard.
Very sad.
Very scary.
Very exciting.
I would NEVER ask to move grades. (I am a die-hard 5th grade teacher geek)
I would NEVER ask to move schools.
Someone has a plan for me.
I have to trust that things will be okay, maybe even better?
Hey, I get to clean out a lot of stuff I hoard in my cabinets that I wouldn't even know was there.


Family Pitchas
My dear friend Jessica started a photography business and ROCKS.
I told her an idea I had and if she was up for the challenge.
She surpassed it.
Go see the spunky pics here.
Comment, tell her what you think (of course I'll comment stalk too!)
20 comments from my friends and family=free prints for me!
Maybe you too if you book her ;)


I like this "Dirty Little Secret" thing.

Wannna play too?

20 comments:

  1. Awesome photos. I just took a peek! Now I just LOVE those yellow shoes!

    Cooking 5 times a week is not too bad. You can do it! Come check out the recipes over at my place.

    http://www.sixcherriesontop.com/search/label/Recipes

    What are your plans for the summer break? Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually don't come look at my recipes...they are all sweets. I just looked back and realized. Oh, and some yummy winter foods. Nothing for Summer. Got to get on that I guess! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to comment on the weigh loss thing...(cuz i'm a skinny girl with issues, too!) it took me forever to realize i can work out 5 times a week or more and wont' lose a pound until i start noticing what i eat. i can't eat like i'm 13 anymore! sugar add nasty belly fat, sista's! stay clear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tawny,
    Love the train track pics. LOVE the funky chair! Love the family pics! So creative. Great backgrounds. Love the fountain shot! And the yellow shoes MAKE those pics so much more fun, and the kiddos....well...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THe yellow shoes do make those pics super fun. Just looked at Jessica's blog and they are so cute! I love them all.

    I'm sorry you've been overwhelmed and so busy. I'm sure wrapping things up at school don't make them any easier. Hopefully with summer approaching tihngs will settle down a bit.

    You do look great! Glad you are feelin it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I tried to leave a comment but I don't know where it went... lets try this again:

    I love all of the pictures :) I love the ones you're in and the ones you take! You're right, you do have an attitude (and so does Sammy) and I love them both lol... I'm so glad to know you :) Hope you're having a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos ROCK!!!!
    Seriously!
    I love the ones you took and your friend too :D
    Congrats on the weight loss and on being almost done with school and won't it be great to chill a little. It sounds like you need it girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looked at all your pics- you look great!!
    Hopefully this summer you can get some much needed rest. Will you know where you'll be before school's out?
    Ok, TELL ME, TELL ME. How did you exercise with a baby AND a toddler? I feel so overwhelmed and out of time with just one! And, if I have a minute- I'm too tired to move! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the family pics that Jessica did! You look sooo good girl! You are ready for summer!! I hope things calm down a bit for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post Tawny!! Love the family pics, the new change (school) will be good for you, keep the faith! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all you look great. My body was also holding onto all this extra weight when I was still nursing. It could also be because I was starving while nursing and still eating terribly. Either way, once I stopped it started falling off. I also started eating way less.
    Those pictures are amazing and I LOVE the chair! What a steal.
    I can't believe you "made" things for your class play. What a dedicated teacher. We just did a play too, but I certainly didn't put a whole lot of effort on our costumes and props.
    Hang in there. Only 5.5 more days and we're OUT for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do look great! You are so thin! I love the picture of Travis in th sand. I don't think Taylor ever dug into the sand like that...maybe this year. Love the family pictures. Love that you sewed things for your class...I really want to learn to sew! I am with you on the overwhelmed bit. Don't know how everything is going to get done by next Wednesday! I wish I knew where I was going to end up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tawny...you look hot there Mama!~ So nice to lose weight...I am working on it myself...doing OK:) Your pics are awesome! Don't get all strung out on blogging...you do what you can when you can, you read what you can when you can....we are all busy and I am way behind myself...see look how long it took me to get over here. Enjoy your summer off!~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute post!

    First of all, you do look super fabulous. You motivate me to drop some pounds!

    I loved taking pics of your family, it was fun :) You guys are all gorgeous!

    Sorry life is overwhelming right now :( You'll have time to blog soon... as soon as school is out. I'm also sorry you have to move... I really hope you end up somewhere you love, teaching a grade you love :) Leaving what is familiar is HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tawny, I LOVE reading your blogs! I looked at your family pics and ohhh my goodness...they are so adorable! Your family is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your so creative Tawny! It inspires me :) Love you cousin! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post Tawny! You look great! I wish I had the will power to give up sugar! *sigh* I hope that summer brings you time to relax and enjoy your babies! =) Blogging is wonderful ~ as long as it does not take away from those most precious to you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blogging stresses me out too, and not sure why. I start reading, typing and all of a sudden i start getting anxious like I cant keep up lol!!! Which probably half the reason why I hadn't blogged in weeks until this week!

    I couldnt lose my extra lb's after each pregnancy too, then a week after i was done nursing - voila`, it was gone. Amazing. You look great tho! And love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't feel one bit bad about anything.. It's hard enough just living and raising kids.. then the blog comes in.. I've missed almost 2 weeks due to computer issues.. and I know exactly how you feel. Like I'm not being a good friend to my "friends".. haha and hoping they don't forget about me in that time.
    anyway... I adore your train track pictures.. they are just the best.. What a darling family you have...and you look just rocking yourself.. Best wishes on your summer...
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  20. tawny, u look great! i'm proud of you! i need your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...