Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Princess Festivities

I know, I've been away.
A while.
I'm back, or trying to be.
I've been around, reading and looking, but not commenting. I've been bad like that.
But I'm back. X3 with all my posts :)
I have a "Dirty Secret" post coming up too...questions from the train track pics :)
***********************************************************************************************

So many LITTLE GIRLS! It's SO fun that most of my girlfriends (with a FEW exceptions) have little girls the same age as Sammy.
Sammy loves it! She calls them ALL her best friends.
She can name them all on any given day.
So sweet how that happens at such a young age.


Sammy had "REAL Princesses" (my cousins) come to her party and do manicures and makeovers!

Though, I don't know how many times, but I think that each child was sneaking away with the pallet of makeup at least once during the day.
Miss S thought she could have done it all herself!
In fact I think she might have on a few girls...Taylor?


They got to make crowns, bracelets, dress up, bling out...and even take some tractors over the tables.
You gotta do what you gotta do when you're surrounded by pink and glitter!





Sneaky little man. Could have been that the table was JUST his size so EVERYTHING was in reach. Including the 10 or 15 beads found in his mouth over the night-errrrrr!


Me to Sammy through my teeth, "SHMILE AT DUH CA-RA EASSSE."

Yeah, not happening.
I tried.



At the end of the night, we tired to set the last few girls hanging out up to watch a movie while the adults continued to enjoy the Princess festivities (Queen and King style).
That lasted about 15 minutes before two of them walked outside with their mouths FULL of oreos, cupcakes, or chocolate Teddy Grahams.
They took turns climbing up to the tables and counters to get treats out of the various dishes.

But the sweetest thing-
The next morning when I asked Sammy what her favorite part was of her party, she said, "snuggling and watching a movie with my best friends."

********************************************************************************

Laura, I'm SO lucky she was my "creepy camera girl" taking most of the pictures during the party! THANK YOU!!!

*********************************************************************************

Miss S's sweet pillowcase dress was from Oh Sew Sweet Boutique. Such a perfect fit for the party!
I'm excited because I think I just might be able to make the next one!!!

20 comments:

  1. I loved the tv picture the best!! =) such sweetness being her favorite part! cute cute! My kids are 22 months apart... about 7 years older than yours... oh I wish I could have days back in the baby stages again!! *sniff, sob, sob!* they grow up so darn fast! I love looking at old photos!! it is like memory lane reading blogs like yours!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great party! It looks like she had an awesome day. I love all the decorations.

    BTW...I voted for your Mommy and Me photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww,,, Tawny what a great party....I wish I could be a princess....perhaps in my next life...I will take queen. Love the pics....her blue tongue was priceless!~ I laughed about the banana orange joke....13 years of being home for me Tawny and I am getting goofier....in other words I was thinking the same thing....then my son pulled up this hilarious you tube video...corny!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pillowcase dress!!! just presh! you have such a gorgeous lil' gal... i know where she gets it from! : ) such a fun partay! i've been thinking about you, but i couldn't for the life of me remember the new blog name so i couldn't find it in my google reader! ugh! i promise to never forget again! i love your posts and i don't want to miss any!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my! you have been a busy planner. that party was awesome! what a memory for your sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok... I went back and looked at every single picture.. What a totally precious party that must have been. And the offical princess was without a doubt the cutest thing I have ever seen... Just loved loved it.. What an incredible mom you are..
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute party! and i love the pics, i never seem to get any pics of my kids for their birthday...i guess i'm always running around putting it all together last minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a fantastic princess party. S looks so happy. happy birthday sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job with the party! I didn't realize I missed singing happy birthday to Sammy. I must have been driving Madison to my parents' house at that time. We had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a FAB-U-LOUS job Tawny!!! I am glad I could help. Happy to see you liked some of the shots too. It is funny, I look at Sammy's hair to predict about what length M's hair is going to be. We had such a great time celebrating with Miss S!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good idea to have your cousins putting on makeup for the little girls. Bet they loved that. Looks like it was a big success. Happy Birthday Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So precious! The pillowcase dress is too cute! When you get a chance please swing by my blog. I have an award for you. It'll be posted Saturday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - what a party, girl!?!?! Looks like she had such a blast. Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - what a party, girl!?!?! Looks like she had such a blast. Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable party. Looks like they all had fun. I love the cinderella hair do in the last post. I am going to have to take my girls to get there princess diploma they will love that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a little girls dream party! So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was such a cute birthday! Sammy is such a cute princess. Taylor had a lot of fun. She is all about make up right now...maybe it as the party?? Man, did she party that night! (Well, we all did :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry we had to miss such a great party! When Jillian is a another year older, she's gonna love going to Sammy's parties! Very cute ideas! I wish I was as creative as you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. that party looks perfect! what a fun way to celebrate her special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't been around in a while, man girl, you have been busy!!! Love this party, everything looked so perfect! I think you should become a party planner, you really have a knack for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...