Tuesday, June 15, 2010

you know you have issues when...


...you have had hives for the last 5 days because of goodbyes...

My classroom is currently being housed in public storage while I sit and wait. patiently. not really. wait to find out where I will set up shop next.
I really have hives.
I don't feel stressed, but I guess I'm suppressing a lot.

...and more goodbyes...

Well, this was more like ridiculous, non-stop, laughter!
We were coming home from dancing...and drinking...and the lights on the walls were cymbals.
Em took off her shoe and used the heal to hit each one as we walked down the hall.
We were walking to the beat of our own music.
And laughing to it too I guess!

and this was more like enjoying the sun-PRE-children (we DO have suits on)


and this was more like thinking meat on spinning racks was worth posing with.
This is why goodbyes suck.
My dear friend Emily is moving to Boston.
I don't see her as much as I'd like too, or as often as we did before because life changes.
But now I CAN'T see her whenever I want.
I'm excited for her, but sad at the same time.
I have MANY more pictures that I had TOO much fun looking at!


So in attempt to relieve some stress...

I have planned something top secret for my Hubby!!!
I'm SO counting down minutes to Friday evening!

You know you also have issues when you are WAY too excited to put together a grocery list...

I have drooled over her blog and everyone else's blogs that have bought this, I couldn't hold out any longer!
Thank GOD for FANTASTIC students who love their teacher well enough to know that book store gift cards are the BEST!!!!

You know you have issues when your son gets too many kisses from cute little girls!


...or when on your LAST week of school, when it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take a day off, your baby has an ear infection and the croup :(


Not this bathing diva...

This brown-eyed boy

...so in order to lower his fever, he got to go swimming with his sister-"nakey buns" as we call it.


You have issues when you are told that your words don't sound like Fancy Nancy's...

Did you know that there is a way to SOUND fancy?
Well there is.
There is a dictionary about it and how to use them.
Cutest books ever, and even cuter that my little fancy girl adores* them.
*adores is a more fancy word that loves

You know you have issues when you don't know what to do with yourself because you only have ONE kid to worry about!



Miss S started preschool yesterday...

this picture is in NO way indicative of how she did.
She walked in like "old hat".
I had to PRY a kiss and hug from her because she was already too busy deciding what to do first in her classroom.
I guess it could be worse.
She's already picking out her outfit for tomorrow-I have a fashion monster on my hands.

You know you have issues when you are way excited to go to swim lessons for the first time.






Why would that be an "issue", because that is one of the highlights of your day.
It's blazing hot out, which I typically don't mind, that is if I were laying out in the sun in a suit with music.
But I have two kids that don't like to lay out as much as I do :)
Don't have a money tree, so swim lessons, totally fun times!
She was a pro-she loved it.

You have SERIOUS issues when your handsome (dapper in Fancy Nancy terms) little man won't eat anything you give him...

...except fruit.
Or bread.
But not meat.
Not rice.
Not ham.
Not chips.
Not anything.
Not even french fries.
I'm going nuts.
I tried to make him eat a delicious chicken and rice dinner by letting Sammy eat an ice cream in front of him after she finished her dinner.
Did he eat?
No, he went to bed without food.
Mean mom?
Don't know...any ideas?
He will choose fruit over ANYTHING else in front of him. Am I too worried? Do I just give him the things I KNOW he'll eat?


You have issues too when you are too excited to take pics of you kids playing in the fountain, but don't have a camera...

So you use your phone instead. Not too bad for a phone I guess!

So, yep, I have issues.
But they are ALL manageable...for the most part, right?

15 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! We are Fancy Nancy fans too. We have that same book in fact! I am jealous of your Pioneer Woman Cooks book. I have been hinting around but have not received it yet. Maybe soon! Looks like you guys are enjoying your summer already. Good for you! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A new blog! I have so missed your blogs recently! I always love looking at your pics and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girl! hives suck. i'm so sorry that you're dealing with that.

    i hope the fact that your kids are crazy, crazy cute makes you feel a little better. :)

    or you can come over to my little blog and enter the giveaways going on. that could help you feel better.

    maybe?

    have a happy night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....I've so missed ya....I somehow didn't know that your bloggy changed and have been wondering where you were! I guess I'm totally out of the loop!!! I'm so glad I'm back!!
    Thanks for the nice comment! Apparently I feel like have a pity party lately!!
    Love all the pics...especially of you and your ladies...posing by meat is necessary too at certain times!!!
    Can't wait to get caught up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your seemingly scattered posts come together perfectly! And with gorgeous pictures. That one of you guys laughing in the hall is classic and made me laugh out loud. Those uncontrollable giggle fests with friends, well, that's what keeps us young.

    About that beautiful little boy who will not eat anything other than bread. If you figure out what to do, let me know. I have a 3-year-old with the same picky food habits. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post!!!
    Love all the photos :D
    Goodbyes STINK -booo hooo.
    And in our house we call it - "Nakey Streakers" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post! I love how happy Sammy is to go to Pre-School. She is always a doll! Love the new piggies too, maybe one day I will get M's hair to do the same. Poor T, cute as ever, just not eating.....someone told me once that a child will never let themselves starve.. frustrating I am sure!
    I love that you are cooking from the Pioneer cook book, please keep us updated on how that turns out :)
    I have lots to talk to you about, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a long post you came back with! Where do I start?

    Sorry to hear about the hives! I used to get them when I was stressed out all the time. Hope they go soon.

    I hope you guys here what schools you'll be going to soon too. I'm sure the not knowing is killing you.

    What a big girl Sammy is now... school and swim lessons! Her swimsuit is so cute, and I'm glad she loves school.

    Don't worry too much about Travis. He'll eat when he wants to eat, and I would just keep offering him all those different foods anyway. He's bound to try something new one of these days.

    Have fun with your PW book. I am going to try her mac and cheese this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your issues!! Except for the waiting to see where you'll end up next year part. Haven't you been rescinded YET? Fingers crossed.

    We cross that same bridge to go to swim lessons. What time are you guys going? We're going at 4pm but I might change that on round 2. Are you signing up for another session?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your issues!! Except for the waiting to see where you'll end up next year part. Haven't you been rescinded YET? Fingers crossed.

    We cross that same bridge to go to swim lessons. What time are you guys going? We're going at 4pm but I might change that on round 2. Are you signing up for another session?

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute post! I love the pics that iPhones take :) Not bad for a camera phone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tawny....you are so cute, as is your entire family!!~ I do hope by now your hives are gone...and you find out soon where you will be setting up shop. Lots of changes here as well in our school system. Enjoy your summer with your precious kids!!~ Great photos as always, YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my mom always tells me when i complain about the kids not eating, that my pediatrician always said kids will eat when theyre hungry, not to worry.

    i hope you get good news about your classroomn soon. and the hives go away!

    cute pictures of sammy and travis. i bet youre happy to be out of school!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I just LOVE your issues..You and your sweet family are just so much fun to keep up with. I've been so behind lately but giggled out loud when I saw that little polka dotted fanny beside the pool. I looked and looked for my version of that photo of my now 17 year old. I couldn't find it...but showed it to her anyway so we could both smile. Brought back such wonderful memories. Best wishes for the rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...