Monday, September 1, 2008

New Layouts and Work

These were two of the layouts (yes only two) that I did when I had my crop night about a month ago. I just now finished the "First Bite" page, just adding the last details. Both are kits that I got from Simply Obsessed. I saw on a couple other websites that people take pictures of the details on their page, so i thought I'd try with the "Little Sparkler" page, since there are some neat finishing touches on their that you can't see in the big picture. I'd like to say I'll get more pages done soon, but that would be unrealistic being back to work :(




Cute felt stars
I used this thing called Stickles which is like glitter puffy paint to make the letters and stars glittery
So the update on my room at school is that I am back in it! I had been working since the beginning of August on trying to set up a temporary room for up until November, then we were told that our rooms would be ready about two weeks after school started. So that being said, I wasn't putting too much effort into my temp. room while I would be moving within two weeks. Then the Monday that I was on vacation, I got a call saying that our rooms would be ready, our original rooms! That came with some mixed emotions. Yeah, I wouldn't have to set up a temp room and move, but OMIGOSH, I have to be ready in five days for a set of kids to walk in ready to learn! My room was ready Wednesday afternoon, so that is when the unpacking began! NO FUN! I have SO MUCH STUFF...lots of which I threw away, so that is something to be grateful for, spring cleaning! Let me back up, after the fire, all of the contents of our rooms was thrown out into the quad. They had sections taped off that said our room numbers, but half my stuff was in one place and the rest in another. The picture below shows all of our things...
Then and restoration company came and took all our things, boxing the up and marking them by rooms, mind you our stuff was not originally in it's correct room section, so our things were continuing to get mixed up!
On Wednesday the company started to bring back our boxes and put them in our rooms to open, go through and put away. Thank goodness I have awesome team mates, we all work very well together, so going through our boxes was mostly a team effort. Anyone who has moved before, knows that unpacking and putting things away is a process, not something that typically gets done in 5 days...but we had NO choice, kids walked in Monday morning! I was there from 9am-7pm most days including Saturday and Sunday before school stared...not what I had planned for my last weekend of vacation :( Needless to say, with the help of old students, my team members, custodians, my mom (who watched Sammy) and my AMAZING HUSBAND (thank you, thank you, thank you!) my room was ready and looked like this on Monday:
I am still missing many things, and many of my personal things were damaged. I have a bag of ruined things that is going to be replaced...eventually. So that is my excuse for being a bad blogger, among other things, which I'll explain in coming posts...I have been a bad wife and mommy :( So today is just girls day, Joe is working and Sammy and I are hanging out. I cleaned house, which is NEVER fun, but oh so rewarding! We are going to go out to Corona soon and go play in the new Citrus Park water park...hopefully more pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. Cute layouts! I'm so glad you got to get your room set up and start the year in it. Even though it was a lot of work, at least it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! All ready for shaping young minds!!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom does look nice. Glad you are back in your old room instead of a temporary one. Hope it wasn't too hard getting back to work this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- I will see you on Saturday at the salon. Your mom has an appointment right after you. Do you know if she knows about it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...