One word to describe the Airfest: AMAZING!

Amazing also that we've lived around or close to the March Air Force Base for many years and this was the FIRST time we had ever gone.

I guess I've never needed to go, seeing that where I teach, it's like an air show everyday.
See the planes choose to practice (play) during ONLY school hours.
So there are MANY times during the week where I will have to just stop talking until the plane passes to resume.

I remember when I started teaching at the school 6 years ago and looked at the kids like the roof was going to fall in.
They didn't even flinch!

Well they were (as I am now) totally used to it.
And good news for them, the planes only fly (play) during school hours...
I won't have to worry about that much longer since I will no longer be at that school.
That's a WHOLE other post :(

Beautiful weekend=much needed outdoor time.
What better than free entertainment and some time for appreciation?
The Handyman/Airplane Professional For the Day (APFD) explained how the whole base worked.
What these soldiers do for us each day.
He's not a military man at all.
Just happened to be that kind of professional that day.
Ha!



We had 5 kids with us.
Miss S, T, their cousins, and my APFD.
You know that feeling when your kids get really excited about something?

You can feel their excitement.
That was the APFD.
The overly excited kid.

But despite the noise, not all of us could keep our eyes glued to the sky.
I don't know how this boy slept for THREE hours, in the stroller, while these...

...flew by, THAT low!


Favorite quote of the day:
"It must be so windy because the planes are pushing all the air around"
Any guesses on the commentator?

Quiet the poser that day, but not the quoter.



Bet you all didn't know how important we are to the US?
They name planes after us.
Not Photoshop-ed either.
SOC!
***
Also wanted to share this neat Mother's Day giveaway on Momtog! She has more coming each day! Check it out and win too!
I can already plan my outfit with this from Joy's Hope!



Y'all look like you had fun! Great pictures ~ as always!! with some pretty Cool planes!
ReplyDeleteWe have a local air show every year at our little air port... every year on Fathers Day.. which happens to be my son's birthday weekend... so we always end up hosting the grandparents... so one year... we finally said no... and we went! so much fun! =)
Dying to know about the School comment!! Hope that post comes soon!
=)
Looks like you had so much fun! We were invited to go but didnt...bummer! I would have been fun to run into you guys!
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks amazing! I love it! Are you using photoshop? I am soo intimidated by photoshop i dont even know where to begin! lol
ps i love your tank top...super cute!
Seriously, your pics are awesome! Photoshop? Amazing lens? What's your secret?
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! You guys always give me such great ideas, now I want to go!!! I was cracking up about the APFD!
New school!!??? That stinks that you have to move :(
We just got all our teachers called back today, and we're taking 6 furlough days next year. That's a couple HUNDRED less a month for me, but I guess it's good to just have a job these days! I'm sorry you have to move- maybe there are some really awesome people waiting to meet you there, :(
Great, super, awesome pictures Tawny!
ReplyDeleteYou weren't kidding, that looks like a really fun time I think us Rush people are going to be doing this soon!
Really love your blog look, it's making me want to redo mine. Love all of your little graphics, are you a photoshop junky? If so, would you recommend it? I use a free program that does some of what photoshop can do but I want the real deal. Don't want to spend the money though if it's not worth it.
Seriously though, your pics are outstanding.
Tawny your photos where so spectacular that I felt like I was there, I even got sleepy when I saw little man!~ I love your top too, see I notice everything is that Free People? Anyhow you have an awesome family and thanks for sharing your special day!
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures! Phenomenal.
ReplyDeleteLove your shirt. Love how tan you are (jealous!) Love the princess signature view, haha!.... and LOVE that necklace! I need to enter the giveaway!
Have a great Wednesday Miss!
WOW! Looks like you guys had such a great time. I can't believe your little dude slept through all that!!! And, the photography is AMAZING :D
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I have my own APFD everyday (my bf is an Aerospace Engineer).... There are two other AMAZING Air Shows in California - one at the Miramar MCAS and the best in the state is Edwards Air Force Base - they have one every other year. --- Elysse
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, love the details and the story you captured! I love the sense of humor too!!
ReplyDeleteI agree, we need to let the boys have a drink to talk cars and so we can catch up.
Sorry to hear that you have to move schools, it could be worse. Jackson is suppose to have an opening....change is tough, but it can be exciting too. You are such an outgoing person you will fit in where ever you go!
Again, great post, always love your photography. Summer is almost here and I am going to be asking for some pointers with photoshop/ cameras.
Talk to you soon! xo
I have never been to one of those either. But somehow your kids manage to make everything look so darn fun... What memories you are making... and you guys looked so cute together.. A postcard family for sure.
ReplyDeleteStaci
Those pictures all came out so good. Don't you love when it looks like that outside? I also love all of the cuteness going on with your blog. You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteI am liking the new look on your blog too! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I want to take Gavin because he is so into airplanes. He has to stop what he is doing and point to every plane he hears and then also stop to say "bye airplane" and wave until it is gone. I think he would like this! Cute pics and cute shirt:)
ReplyDeleteHey ~ Happy Mothers Day to you too! Hope you are a little spoiled!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI get to go to Cannon Beach Or!! yippie! That is all I wanted ! We are even going to try to camp with the dog!! ha ha! (that may not be wise... but anyway... we are crazy that way! ) Have a great weekend!
the necklace is gorge. i love the pricness view... too darn cute!!! umm, i want your tan. you are too beautiful. i love the quote of the day... perfect. oooh, i want your tank, too.
ReplyDeleteTawny you have a wonderful Mothers day as well! huh, I would not squish grapes with my toes in my backyard....funny thought though, I would not want to mess up my new pedi:)
ReplyDeleteLooks fun! I like that first pic with the plane on the left and the sun on the right.
ReplyDeleteI had a dream you won a necklace. Weird right? Maybe you'll win that one. It's cute.