
I am in the middle of a pile of pink-papers, ribbons, fabrics, dresses, dishes...
But I do love it all!
Miss S wasn't even going to HAVE a birthday. Neither of my kids were this year.
We had already planned to take Sammy to Disneyland on her actual birthday, so we were just planning on making that a big deal.
She's going to be 3, going anywhere IS a big deal, right?
Well, then one day I pick her up after school (my school) and the conversation went something like:
"Mommy, all my friends are coming to my birthday party."
(I'm thinking, ha! Really? Who is throwing it for you?)
"They are all coming cause I'm gonna be trree."
I kinda just smiled, thinking, poor girl. She's not even having one!
We've been going to many of her friends' birthday parties recently (so many spring babies), so how do I tell her that the one she has planned for herself is really not going to happen.
Well, yeah, I could. She'd get over it.
But on the other hand, kids are SO fun to have parties for because they truly LOVE everything about them!
Probably because they don't have to BUY a thing, OR CLEAN a thing!
So now, I'm in a pink bubble of zebra, jew-lows, tiaras, and ribbons.
How could planning a princess party NOT be fun?

those invitations are so cute! can't wait to see pictures of the big day.
ReplyDeleteI thought that invitation looked familiar. I think I saw that at Gennifer's house?
ReplyDeleteHave fun. Boy didn't 3 yrs fly?
Can't wait! I love the pink and zebra print!
ReplyDeletethose invites are truly adorable. as is the birthday girl! you're such a sucker, tawny!
ReplyDeletehappy mother's day, my friend.
Cute! Taylor is going to love it!
ReplyDeleteBeing surrounded by pink sounds great, too much fun! Please let me know if I can help with anything!!!!! A dish? I really would love to help! We are looking forward to seeing the princess and her court :)
ReplyDeleteWith all that is going on just remember is only trree once. Happy Mother's Day too, you are an amazing mommy!!!!
Good luck planning the party. I'm sure it will all be such fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great attitude you have about planning your royal extravaganza. Planning parties is never easy. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
ReplyDeleteYour invitation was so so adorable :) I'm sure the party will be so fun and cute :) Kids are a blast at birthday parties.
ReplyDeleteYou will be glad you did! I started parties when she started asking... and yep... it was free... ;) three! ;)
ReplyDeletelove the invites!
Cute story......I love your photography.
ReplyDeleteI am friends with Kelly Castellon and came across your blog. Your children are so cute and I love looking at your photography. Just thought I would leave a note so you would think I was some creep.
That gave me a big giggle.. I wonder if kids ever understand how much goes into a party.. but then again that might take all the fun out of it.. LOVE your invitaionss.. They were just darling..
ReplyDeleteStaci