Sammy turned 11 months on Monday...wow only 1 month away from being a year old, where has the time gone? Lots has happened just in the last week! Sammy took three steps by herself on Monday, she went from Joe to me-incredible! She was so excited with herself. I am waiting to get it on video-soon! She also is getting her two top teeth! The first one on the top right made it's debut on Thursday and I just looked today and saw that the top left is coming in. She also has FINALLY taken to the sippy cup! I really thought she would NEVER get it, but I also thought that about eating solids and now she won't turn down ANY food!
She has started to say some words and understand what we are saying. Mind you, we having been saying "no" since she was 5 1/2 months and she seems to NOT understand that one! When we say dance, she shakes her head from side to side. We have also been teaching her baby sign language and she is able to sign "more" and "light", she points to the tree when we say "tree", she points to "dada" and "momma" when asked where we are...what a little learner!
Last night we went to the Riverside Plaza and listened to the 50's band play and watched Sammy dance. It was so nice outside, we're going tonight too...anyone wanna come? Today we went to see my nephew Connor play t-ball. He was SOOO cute and SOOO excited that "Uncle Joe-Joe, Auntie Tawny, and Sam Sam (as he calls her)" came to watch him.
"Let me out...I just wanna dance!"
Here is our little dancer-it's hard to tell that she is bopping up and down and shaking her head from side to side.
Sammy is walking to go congratulate Connor on his team's win...well not really, they don't keep score!

Cute pics of Sammy! She's really looking older all of a sudden! The plaza and the music looks like fun. I'm sorry we didn't make it out tonight. Hopefully they do that for a while? I bet Hannah would love it too!
ReplyDeleteWow! First steps and a sippy cup!
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute in the pics. That is a great red bow!! Looks like a great time!
Ok, how cool are you? You didn't mention that the pro nephew didn't actually CATCH the ball like the picture portrays! :-) Thanks for watching him play- He adores Sammy! Love the bow in her hair! Love the layout pics, who needs Kandyscrappers now, I can just go to your site for ideas! Love, K-
ReplyDeletewow, Sammy is almost a year old! I can't believe that. How fun that she dances to the music :) The bows in her hair are really cute. That's great with the sippy cup... since Ethan doesn't take a bottle I've been trying with the sippy cup. So far he likes it, but only plays with it, he hasn't really drank anything out of it. I figure if I keep trying he'll take it one of these days!
ReplyDeleteJala-paino !! Krysten still brings that up and laughs. We would love to go to the plaza tonight,,, here it comes BUT Krysten and Charlotte have been gone in South Bend Indiana for 10 DAYS visiting her sister and family! I miss em so bad. They get home today and she still has to go to Mass so I'm guessing we wont be around. But we would love to see you all and wow look at Sammy's progress!
ReplyDeleteHow did you get that bow to stay? ANd where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteT- this is such a beautiful site, what a great way to document all the events in our little Sammy's life (with perfect music too!)! I cannot wait to see the upcoming video attraction! Thanks for offering a way for me to see your pictures and story.
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Jenn