Monday, June 23, 2008

Lake Mohave

This weekend we went to Bullhead City with my family (get ready for the long list-my mom, dad, brother, his friend, Aunt Cyndi, Uncle Bart, Rochelle, her BF Eric, Craig, Aunt Nancy, Ruthanne, Christy, Suzie, her BF Mike, their friends Drew and Stephanie, family friends John, Margie, and Emily, my mom's cousin Larry...am I missing someone?) My Aunt Cyndi and Uncle Bart have a house in Bullhead City which is 5 minutes from Laughlin and about 10 minutes from Lake Mohave.
The Lake was nice, just super hot and a whole NEW trip with Sammy. It's so hard with her worrying about if she is overheating, if she has enough sunscreen on, if she is dehydrated. She actually did GREAT though! My uncle has a pontoon and we took that out to Lake Mohave and spent the day in a cove. I was worried that Sammy was going to miss her two 2 hours naps, but she took one before we got on the boat (driving to the dock) and then we set up the pac n play on the boat and she took a nap surprisingly while music was blaring and people were yelling, drinking, and laughing in the water all around her. I was SHOCKED, but grateful because Joe and I got to play on the SeaDoos!
Then when we got back to the house, had a delicious dinner, and Sammy went down for the night, my mom and aunt were so gracious to watch Sammy while Joe and I went to Laughlin to have drinks with my cousin Suzie and her BF as well as gamble. I am NOT a gambler, I would rather shop with my $20, but I'll do some slots...I spent $15, lost it all and was DONE! Joe on the other hand likes to play black jack and won about $200!!! On our way home we bought an iPod with his winnings (he broke ours about a year ago and we've been living without one :( ).
Anyway, we had a really fun trip and I can't wait to go back and do it again, in spite of the 121 degree heat (I have been laughing at all my family and friend blogs who said it was about 105 here!)

Sammy woke up ready to play Saturday morning, despite it being 90 degrees at 8:00 in the morning already!
Sammy helped Daddy pack the cooler for the day-kinda looks like there is more beer than anything else in there doesn't it...that's Daddy's packing! Do you also like how Rocky, Rochelle's dog is sniffing Sammy, perhaps trying to tell me something???
Pointing to the boat and saying "rooooom" for "varoom"

As soon as we got on the lake and to the cove, Sammy was dying to get out into the water, lucky for her, Grandma was too!
While Sammy wanted to swim, the boys were itching to get out and play! Joe's bright idea was to take Mike (Suzie's BF) and Drew (Mike's friend) out on the SeaDoos to pull one of them in the tube. They were SO funny to watch!
Rocky wanted to go too!
Ready to go!
Meanwhile, I was having fun in the sun with my baby!
Suzie and Sammy playing on the sand
Like I said, I was nervous that Sammy would miss her naps and be miserable, but obviously she didn't mind the heat or noise!
My little stink bug fast asleep in the pac n play on the boat
...which left time for Joe and I to relax, visit, and play on the SeaDoos!
Suzie and me...(I am looking at these pictures and I have a drink in my hand in everyone...really it was ONE drink, but pictures all within 5 minutes-hahaha) Look at the beautiful background!
Christy, Ruthanne, and Rochelle-Sammy's PERFECT babysitters (my cousins) :)
This was a kite that someone brought, I thought it was so neat!
And last but not least, Sammy's newest tricks-all one's that Daddy is teaching her...she does "knuckles", "high five", and "cheers", which she is doing in the picture below! Notice that her little milk has a koozie on it! Hahaha

4 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Glad you had fun! I know what you mean worrying if the kids are overheated, dehydrated, etc. It's hard to always be guessing! You are lucky that she napped so well! And still takes 2 two hour naps! I miss those days! Love the last pic of Sammy doing cheers with dad. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great that Sammy napped like that on the boat, esp since it was so hot! She looks so cute sleeping like a stink bug :) I love the cheers picture too. Look like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a ton of fun! And I love that she does "Cheers". Derek does that with everything now too... with food, popsicles, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had so much fun. I look forward to 2 hour naps! All I get are less than 30 minutes. Someday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...