Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ballet Recital

Today Sammy had her first ballet recital, and it was the most adorable thing ever! As soon as all the 2 year olds came out, the entire audience started to oooo and ahh at how adorable they all were. Then came the laughter from the crowd as they attempted their dance. It was priceless! Joe and I smuggled our camera in even though they said we were not allowed to take any pictures, problem is the lighting was horrible in the studio and we couldn't use our flash...so not so good pictures of the dance, but some cute ones after!

Their performance was Swan Lake, the girls were supposed to hide, then come up on their tippy toes, so some spins and hide again...well the hilarious thing was that Sammy was hiding for 90% of the show! She even came up for a few seconds to try to tell the girls next to her to hide with her! Hilarious!

Sammy would be the one hiding...still...but Emma did a great job, she's the one standing and following directions!

Proud Daddy!


Travis was perfect the whole time, perhaps it was looking at all the beautiful girls in their tutus!

Sammy and Emma outside before leaving.


As a treat to celebrate Sammy's big day, Grandma and Grandpa took us to Spaghetti Factory for some late lunch/early dinner. When I was little my Grandpa and I always used to share the creamers for his coffee, and so my dad has started the same tradition with Sammy!




Poor thing was SOOOO tired, she asked to be held and then immediately fell asleep, even before the food came. Joe went out and got the stroller so we could lay her down, and she slept the whole time!

10 comments:

  1. I was impressed with the girls! They did a great job! When I find my chord I will send you the video from my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the tutu!!! I totally wanna get Charlotte into this when she turns 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Sammy looks so cute! Why do they not want people to bring in cameras?

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious! i am so glad you documented all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Sammy looked so cute...I want to see the video when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty lil ballerina. that is so sweet that they do a performance with them. love the pictures. and travis seems to be getting even cuter every day! he looks so big to me already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a doll, I love it! How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those were such cute pictures! The best one is of Sammy sleeping at the end of her very busy day. How fun for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful ballerina you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! I remember my ballet recitals when I was 3!! Those kids are so flippin cute! I can't wait for Jillian to be in ballet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...