Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sea World-LONG POST!

Since we had to go out to San Diego for Travis' dr. appt. we decided to make San Diego a little mini vacation. We also planned on going to Sea World, but the way the days worked out (long story) we went to Sea World after the appointment. Come to find out when we got there at 4, they closed at 6 :( We weren't too worried though since they have Fun Passes, where you pay for a day and get to come back all year. So we hung out for an hour then went back to our hotel that we were staying at.
Day 1:

Checking out the sea lions, they were SOOO vocal!

This one was hoping that Sammy had some fish for him!

This was the annoying bird that would not stop stealing every one's fish. We didn't buy fish, but I swear this bird was going to poke Sammy's eye out!

We headed back to the Doubletree to check in, so I could feed Travis, then we got ready to head out to Old Town for some dinner. Thank goodness for my friend Stefanie who was our guide via phone/texting! We went to Mexican Cafe, so DELICIOUS!
We then headed back to attempt our first night as a family of 4 all in one room. How do people do family bed sharing? At first, Joe and I were fighting over who would get to snuggle with Sammy. Joe won, but thank goodness. First off, she would NOT STOP SCREAMING, she was SO excited to sleep in her "special bed" as she called it. Then I guess she tossed and turned all night, kicking Joe and waking him up all night! Haha!
But angel baby slept from 9:30 till 5:30, yep your counted right, that's 8 hours! Why can't he do this EVERY NIGHT? We came home last night and he was up at 3;30 :(
Little tootsies!

Can you believe that smile on him? I was holding the camera to the side and trying to make him smile, so he got a little cut off, but cute nonetheless!

We laughed at this one because in a couple years it will be, "shh, don't tell them!"


Talking to Daddy
Sea World Day 2: We got there about 10:30 and stayed till about 1:30 right when it started to pour and thunder. We had to get home anyway since Sammy had a ballet rehearsal for her performance this Saturday! We made that just in time!
Mommy: Are you excited, this will be so fun!
Sammy: Um when is it going to start, I'm getting bored
Travis: Seriously? I'm hungry!

Our attempted family picture from the popcorn guy. Trouble with our camera, it is intimidating too people who offer to take our picture! Would be nice if I could hold Travis' head up, and Sammy wasn't poking her eye out, oh well!





Angel baby (see "2 month" post for explanation!)

Flamingos


She was VERY interesting in it all!


Daddy was a CHICKEN, he wouldn't touch the sea rays! I would have, I was just holding T!

His ride

Her ride

He looked like a dead baby with is arms and legs just hangin out, haha

She was in awe of the dolphins :)

"Look guys"

"I tee the doll-pins"


We didn't get to the Shamu show in time, which we didn't mind, but we did go up on the "skywalk" part and it was just as great! I had Travis in the Bjorn so I had to stand anyway! We had a GREAT view and got to leave when we wanted :)


So Sammy is not so nice when it comes to shoulder rides nowadays...

She thinks its hilarious to pull his hair :(

Bringing tears to his eyes, but still so funny!

Are these animals not amazing or what?
Elmo's play land...or called something like that???



6 comments:

  1. Looks like big fun! Travis is getting so big already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great Sea World pictures! I love all of the ones of Sammy looking at the dolphins. We didn't even get to see the dolphins!! Good thing we can go back with our passes. Looks like you guys were able to squeeze a lot of fun into your short visits there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. I want to go now after reading yours and Genn's posts. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Can't wait to get out there one day with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Looks like Sammy had a blast :) That is awesome that Travis slept great while you were in the hotel. I'm with you on the family bed thing... I have no idea how people can do that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...