Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I can kick your butt


Well maybe I could?


I watch WAY too much TV and am WAY too paranoid.
I think that being a mom has made me that way too.
I want to protect my babies. Mama Bear I guess.

I had the chance to go to a self-defense class tonight and that just makes me MORE paranoid.
I am not trying to be a pessimist, but the reality is there are crazies out there.
What would I do if I were confronted?
What would I do if I were with my kids?
Would I fight?
Would I know how to fight back?

I got some good information, but at the same time it freaks me out that I know what I COULD do, but would I be able to think fast enough and do it?

Have you taken a class?
Would you know what to do?
Have you heard of Krav Maga?
I'm going to do it. I'm going to kick butt!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry I couldn't go tonight!! I bet it was fun and informative.

    To answer your Q's...
    -no never done a class
    -you bet i'd kick some bootay if i had to
    -never heard of krav maga

    I have learned some good tips from Oprah about being in a situation where you need to protect yourself though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go, girl! kick some crazy butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kick some serious butt. That is awesome. I watch way too much tv but more like trash that rots my brain like Real Housewives of OC. Seriously, Nancy, walk away. When they are having a botox and tanning day at the office, that is wrong. just plain wrong. I wish my programming motivated me to do something worthwhile. Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven help the man who ever tries to confront me! I grew up the only girl with all brothers. I can fight, I am strong, and I will fight dirty!!!! Good for you. We need to know how to protect ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, is it confession time? I carry around a knife in my purse. Yep, you heard me. The blade folds into itself and has a protective switch, but I have it in there. Is that spooky? Just to make it clear, I didn't go out and buy this knife for protection, I found it in my hubby's tool chest, and asked if I could keep it just in case. Maybe I shouldn't have confessed, but I did think I was going to have to use it once. I was alone at the office with Riley (prego with Madi), and this crazy guy came in. He was really scary. I should stop writing before people get the wrong idea!! ;)


    I'd love to take a class, I'd feel much safer. All though I don't know the correct moves to use, you bet your bottom I'd kick some you know what. You would too, especially if your babies were with you.

    Good for you for taking the class, in this world, you can't do enough to protect yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So my hubby is a cop and I hear stories about all of the worst of the worst. And he is gone at night. So I lie awake thinking of my plan of attack if someone were to break in. I seriously lose so much sleep over that!

    That being said, I also teach kickboxing. And that makes me feel powerful. And I have taken numerous self defense courses. And I sleep with a knife and a shotgun by my bed (I kid you not). And now I just sound overly crazy. You just touched on a subject that I think is really important for women to be aware of.

    So take classes. Get educated. We are responsible for protecting our little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tawny have you thought about a keychain of mace? I have a little pink one. It's actually OC spray which is what the police use. But you can get them for $10. When I go running (which is not often lately) I take it with me also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...