I know most people won't care what my goals were, however, I think that if I write them down and put them out there people my motivate me, or ask me about them so then I would feel guilty if I were not attaining them.
So here is one.
I plan to run the OC 1/2 marathon in May! May 2nd to be exact!
So to continue with baby steps I am running a 5k in February! I already ran a 5K in November at the Mission Inn run.

But then with the holidays fell out of my running routine.
Anyone want to join? It's ONLY 3.1 miles
Totally doable!
Come on, help motivate me. I'll motivate you!
I'm WAS going to make Joe do it, but CONVENIENTLY he just told me he might be going on a bachelor party weekend.
He's weighting his options, my guess, the bachelor party at the river will win :(
Just think though, this could be you! The feeling of accomplishment, is a high!
Yes I know it' only a 5 k, but still more than I've ever run!


awwww man! troy and i would totally do it! ( we need people to motivate us!!! ) maybe after i have Stetson???? dang it! keep running!
ReplyDeleteI'll totally run with you! Where are you running in February?
ReplyDeleteFinishing a race is such an awesome feeling huh?
Good for you!
I'm so proud of you! I will totally run the 1/2 with you in May. I hope to be a few months prego by then but the Dr. said as long as I can keep my heart rate low I will be fine. I can run 9 right now without spiking my heart rate. So looks like you have a partner! Please tell me the 5k in Feb. is the Surf City. That's the 1/2 I'm running. Also cutest thing, I want Danny to pass me Ryder right before the finish line so I can carry him over it with me. They call it a family finish. Ryder and Danny weren't there for my triathlon and it was very emotional accomlishing something so huge without them there. That is half of the joy , your loved ones being there! Happy running!
ReplyDeleteWow, good for you. I've always like jogging, but haven't been doing a whole lot of it lately. I've never done even a 5K. I'd love to do one sometime. February is right around the corner though!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all Tawny, congratulations on the 5K. I have done the Mission run twice, and I love it. I would LOVE to be running again, but I am way out of shape. Running is great for keeping in shape, and clearing the cobwebs!
ReplyDeleteAnd about your random 7....loved them. I am like you, and also think that everything our little people say is THE cutest thing!! Course Hannie is our biggest talker, with Noah now starting to add his babble too, and Claire right in there behind ready to ramble away.
Good luck with your training!!!
I'll do it!! the 5k that is! Where is it? I need the motivation! I did a half marathan before Bailey in SF but I don't think I could run a mile now!! But this would get me going! :)
ReplyDeleteGo Tawny Go!!! I admire you, but I won't be joining you. ;)
ReplyDeleteI seriously hate running. I am starting to go walking again...so that's a start, right??
You are so good! I wish I had the motivation to run.
ReplyDelete