Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fesival of Lights

We headed down to the Mission Inn tonight to enjoy the Festival of Lights and BOY oh BOY was it BUSY! It was beautiful, but busy, but it was also only the second night since they were lit! We were going to go to dinner at Raxx, but were unpleasantly surprised that it was closed, so we then decided to go to the Spaghetti Factory, only to have a 45 minute wait. So we ended up going to Mi Tortilla and meeting Krysten and Charlotte there! We then loaded the girls up in their strollers and headed down to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to get some DELICIOUS hot chocolate and fight the crowd. We walked around and then ended up listening to the live band and letting the girls boogie...so cute! It was hard to take pictures with the light, but I did my best...waiting for my nice flash :) We are going to definitely go back, but next time on a week night so it is less crowded and Sammy can walk around.










I also finished my Advent Calendar, hooray! It turned out pretty cute, so now all I have to do is add candy, yum! Here are some detail pictures of the project and end result!

Now I did mine a little different because the original one was garland that you hang on your fire place I suppose. I don't have the space over my fire place because I have stocking there, naturally, so I made more of a calendar with 5 rows of 5 hanging with large dowels. I didn't get a good one of the whole calendar on the wall, but I am pretty happy with the way it turned out...hope that is store well for years to come!

5 comments:

  1. Love the advent calendar, it turned out so cute! Great job :) I'm going to have to bookmark that and make one for next year when Ethan would enjoy one :)

    What kind of flash are you wanting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So talented! And I love the Mission Inn at Christmas. Do they still have the horse and carraige ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you guys got to see the lights! I love your advent calendar! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that calendar! You are so crafty! I want to see a picture of it hung now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the advent calendar!
    Your kids will look forward to that EVERY year!!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...