Sunday, November 2, 2008

My 27th Birthday!

Today I turned 27...kinda crazy seeing that I still feel like I am 22! When I think of someone who is 27 I think of an adult! Don't get me wrong, I'm an adult, full of unwanted responsibilities (bills, job, paying for insurance, grocery shopping...), but I feel like I am still just leaving college! Then when I think of the fact that I am a mom, which is my favorite job in the world, I think, wow, I really am all grown up!

Okay, so enough about my revelations, today was a fantastic day! Last night we went to Ethan's birthday party and got to go to dinner with Amy, Jimmy, and Taylor, gosh how things have changed since we have had kids! Joe made Sammy and I waffles this morning and then we went to church, and Sammy was perfect! Then we visited a little with Jonathan, Kryten, and Charlotte afterwards, then headed home. Joe and Sammy gave me my birthday presents...a new lens and a filter!!! I have been wanting this lens since I got my new camera in July, so I was to say that I was VERY excited about it would be an understatement!!! I played with it for a bit and then Joe and I got to have a date day. My cousin Ruthanne came over to hang out with Sammy and Joe and I got to go to see a movie, Changeling, and then to lunch at the Yard House. I was a nice afternoon, but I am now even more anxious to have "movie night" with Sammy and Joe. Thanks to everyone who thought of me today! I loved all the emails and text messages!
Last week, Joe stayed home with Sammy on Thursday and I got an email from him showing me what he and Sammy did that day...this is what I saw:

First reaction, "who lets a 1 1/2 year old play with SHARPIES"! Well it turned out to be for a wonderful cause...homemade wrapping paper! This could have been a present alone!



Playing with my new lens. What it does is focuses only on a little part of the pictures...the rest is very blurry. I love playing with the aperture, so that's why I wanted this lens, but I have alot to learn with it still!






Joe took this one that turned out really neat!

10 comments:

  1. You're hair looks so cute! Happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I just realized I spelled your wrong... oops. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday again. I'm glad it worked out that we got to have dinner with you guys. I like your new lens...great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great birthday! It sounds like it was a nice weekend. Love the homemade wrapping paper from Sammy and Joe. Too cute. I hope you got my message on your home phone this morning. I thought for sure you would be home at 9:30am, but maybe you were already at church.

    Happy 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Big Girl!!!
    Loved the wrapping paper. Wish I had your camera! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. Our birthdays are the same day, but lucky you, your younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have your hair? It looks fabulous!

    Glad you had a great birthday :)
    I can't wait to see some more pictures with that lens.
    I'm thinking I want a 50mm lens for Christmas ;)

    Thanks for coming out for Ethan's birthday, it was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a very Happy Birthay! It sounds like it was great! Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, this is Kelly Jess' friend. It was great to finally meet you on Saturday. Happy Birthday!

    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you have and what lens did you get? I have a canon digital SLR but I am still learning how to take pictures and all about lenses!

    Great pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEAAA for the new lens. Which one did you get? Can't wait to see it in action. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...