We started Christmas Eve early with the Painos at 10:30. The cousins all went to Grammie and Pop-Pop's in their matching pjs (Grammie's tradition) and patiently waited through pictures and brunch...the adults favorite part! Then the kids all opened their many presents, however Sammy went to sleep for her nap. When she woke up she did her presents...which was so much fun watching her open this year! We then all just hung out, waiting for Christmas Eve Mass at 5:00. After mass, we went to my Aunt's house for Christmas Eve with our family...so that is the quick run down.
That night we came home at about 10:30 and poor Sammy had a little bit of a fever. When we got home I noticed that she had red bumps all over...that to me looked like insect bites. I didn't know where she could have gotten them really, so we gave her some Tylenol and then watch for the bumps in the morning. Poor thing woke up with a weird wheezy cough and not as excited as we thought she would be for her presents from Santa. She still had a little bit of a fever and more bumps...ugggg...so we went ahead with presents and just decided to play the day by ear, even though we had another busy day. To make my long, sad, story, short, we ended up staying home and taking it easy for Christmas Day and took Sammy to the doctor this morning. Apparently she had an allergic reaction to something that gave her hives (I was freaked out thinking they were chicken pox-even though she has already had the vaccine!) and created the fever. The reaction also made her vocal cords and throat swell giving her a croup cough :( Poor thing sound so bad-worse than she is, so she is still on Tylenol and now Benadryl...no fun for Christmas!
(I took SOOOO many pictures so I really narrowed it down !)
Pictures and breakfast first...then presents! Next year Travis will make the pictures too! 8 Grandkids!!!
Family picture before church.
Saying hello to Grandma at my Aunts
MORE presents! Spoiled girl!
She got a wheely princess backpack that she couldn't stop playing with!
Christmas morning at home, in her chair opening MORE!
"b-uh" on her new alphabet puzzle (even though she is pointing to Q)...Santa did good!
Oh and her FAVORITE...lollipop drum. This was an instrument that she used and learned about at Musical Munchkins, so Stacy and I bought them for our girls. Sammy wouldn't put down her "dallypop" drum the whole morning!
Can't tell that this is my poor baby not feeling good with a low grade fever and hives :(

Poor Sammy! No fun to be sick on Christmas! I am glad she is doing better. I hope Joe's hands are better too! Ouch. You look great in your Christmas pictures!
ReplyDeleteholy moly! I am so sorry! She is such a trooper! And never looked to me like it was bothering her! Beautiful cousins and family :)
ReplyDeleteI hope Sammy is feeling better, poor thing! I love all the kids matching pj's.. so cute! Looks like you guys had a good one!
ReplyDeleteYours is the third blog I have read this morning where the kids have been sick on Christmas. So sorry Sammy!!! Hope she is back in the pink by now. But, if you hadn't said so, you would have never noticed that she was under the weather. She is always so animated and full of happy smiles!!! Loved your pics!
ReplyDeletePoor Sammy! She never gets sick either. Of course it would be Christmas :( The picture with all the matching PJ's is so cute. All the cousins are so big now. So cute!
ReplyDeleteWell your girl sure is a trooper! She doesn't even look sick in any of these pictures! Glad she is feeling better...that's hard on a Mom! Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDelete