News is...I finally have a date for Travis' debut! I have been waiting anxiously to have it set in stone (well as stone as you can when you are giving birth) and finally I can put it on the calendar! April 2, 2009, that's the day!
Let me back up. Two Mondays ago, our dr said we could pick a day and she gave us a range, but then said maybe we should wait till we got a fetal weight. She said I wasn't dilated at all, so no worries. So this last Monday we went in, we had an ultrasound and were told that he looks great, but that he is INDEED head down-yikes! I say that only because we don't want any pressure to start any type of labor since I have to have a c-section no matter what...plus the way I see it, I have to deal with all the pain of recovering from a major surgery after birth, why should I have to feel ANY type of labor before or during birth???
Anyway, so then the doctor said that Travis weighs about 5 1/2 lbs (teeny tiny little thing) and that by the the beginning of April he should be about 7 lbs...I can do that! They told us that Sammy was 6 lbs at 36 weeks and she was only 6.13, so I think they are off. Then she said that I was dilated to 1, which I know is no big deal, except that within a week I had gone from nothing to 1-so I have to try to take is as easy as possible. That being said, last weekend, we drove down Victoria (beautiful street in Riverside) after church and found a BEAUTIFUL field full of flowers (weeds) and stopped for a "photo shoot". There are so many good ones to choose from, so I posted them all almost-sorry!







Ahhh, this one melts my heart! So sweet!




Trying to show her butterflies, which of course she was freaked out of too!








Okay, Sammy is seriously hilarious when it comes to bugs. I don't know where she got it because we have always tried to show her that we "enjoy" bugs. She was freaking out!


Trying to show her butterflies, which of course she was freaked out of too!






Victoria is lined with orange trees and the blossoms smell phenomenal-I wish I could bottle it up. I am lucky though, at night when we open all our windows and doors, the house fills with the smell! Anyway... Sammy is obsessed with eating oranges right now, so Joe jumped out and picked a few illegal fruits!





So excited for you! April 2nd sounds like a great day! Love your pictures! Riverside does have some nice places :).
ReplyDeleteIt's getting so close! I bet it feels good knowing an exact date he will arrive. Great pics! What a pretty place!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! We might have to take a drive :) April 2nd...yay!
ReplyDeleteApr. 02 will be here before you know it! I will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics! I can't wait to get my new camera!
Great pictures. Sounds like that was a fun day. And hooray for April 2nd!! I'm so glad you have your date now. It will be here so quick. Can't wait to visit one more time tomorrow before baby!
ReplyDeleteWow that is so cool that you get to sort of pick the date that your baby will be born. Good Luck! I can't wait to see pics of your little Travis!
ReplyDelete