No pictures...just a scary day...
This morning I got a call from our Dr. saying that she wanted me to go into the hospital for some fetal monitoring. WHAT?!?!!? I immediately stared asking, "is everything okay with the baby". She assured me that he was fine, but that she had just got the results in from my last ultrasound (3/16) and that she wanted me to go in today and next Monday for fetal monitoring. She said that they were going to monitor the heart and the movements of the baby. So me being an emotional, walking hormone, I broke down in the middle of Kohls in tears, while Sammy put about 20 pairs of women's underwear in my cart, and called Joe. We went in, with Sammy at two, and they told us right away, that Sammy couldn't stay. I was confused because my Dr. had said it would only take about 30 minutes, but the nurses said I would be there for about 2 hours! They hooked me all up, admitted me to the hospital, and then I just waited. The nurse said everything looked great, but that they were going to take me down for another ultrasound to do some measuring. We did that, and of course the ultrasound technician didn't tell us a thing (or let me see for that matter!), so they wheeled me back up and we waited.
The nurse came in and said that everything was great, score was 8/8 (whatever that meant) and that my fluid was 9.3, again, whatever that meant. So we asked her what all this means and she said, things look great, Dr. is probably just being safe about taking the baby on the 2nd and making sure he is ready to go. I was still concerned because they did not do any of this extra stuff with Sammy! So then she said, my fluid was fine, but on the low side and they want me to come in and do it again on Saturday AND Tuesday! I asked her if she was joking, and she assured me she wasn't :( So we tried to call the Dr. office, but our Dr. was gone. When the nurse came back in we asked her how she talked to the Dr. and she said she called her at home but that she would call her again and have her call us.
Dr. Iyer called and basically said that Travis is possibly measuring small because he is not growing and that she wanted us to get a second opinion, another ultrasound. She said that if this is the case, we'll have to have a c-section earlier than the 2nd...so like tomorrow :( Basically my placenta could not be doing it's job anymore, if the fluid is getting low and he is not growing and measuring right that he would grow better outside than inside! If everything looks okay and he has gain weight since the last ultrasound (the one two Mondays ago) she will wait till the 2nd...
SOOOooo...I have some getting ready to do! I have to pack Sammy up ready to be gone for 4 days and get my bags finished. I have some cleaning to do to, because being the freak that I am I can't leave a dirty house and come home that way...even though Joe would laugh as he reads this because I think I have cleaned all the toilets about 3 times this week alone...vacuumed and mopped the floors, have a carpet cleaner coming Tuesday, stocked the freezer...but I am STILL NOT FEELING READY!!!

Wow what a scare. Sounds like he is okay though. I know you never feel ready, but I am sure you will be! Keep us posted, and don't clean too much.
ReplyDeleteIf you guys need help let us know...we are right down the street!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I cannot believe they didn't tell you while you were in the ultrasound what they were looking for! PLUS...just getting the results from 3/16?? Yikes, if something was really wrong that was well over a week ago!
ReplyDeleteThis was the same thing that happened to Julia at 23 weeks. Every ultrasound I would ask right away..."how is her fluid". Of course you are looking at the screen and can't tell the difference from a baby, gray stuff, dark stuff and your actual body. 9 is very good fluid. I believe they worry when it gets down to 3. 8/8 was for the BPP (if you google BPP you can see what that test is). I hope I am not being too informative (nosey) but that is also really good. If he were to have gotten something less (usually around a 4) then they would have taken him out right then and there! Continue to drink lots and lots and lots of water!
Either way how exciting that you are close to meeting Travis!!!
Oh poor Tawny!!! I am so sorry you had to go through such a scare! Hang in there. I know little Travis is just fine, and you will be holding him in your arms very soon.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Sorry you had to have such a scare! I hate it when they don't really tell you what's going on.
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel any better my sister in law just had this happen where her baby wasn't growing anymore. He came 3 weeks early and was small, but just perfect :) At least they are monitoring you and keeping close track of his growth.
Do we ever really feel ready for a baby? I think there is always something else we feel like needs to be done. Try to relax and not worry.
I can see why you were so worried. But it seems like everything will be fine. And don't stress, that will only make it worse. I had to do the fetal monitoring twice a week for my last 2 weeks. It's so boring, isn't it! You sound like you're all prepared and everything will be okay! I can't wait to see the little guy!
ReplyDeleteSorry you had such a scare. Starting at about 34 weeks I started measuring small and they thought the same thing was happening to me. The ultrasound showed things were ok but he was just small. When i delivered he was 7 lbs 13ozs. I think the doctor's are extra cautious which can be scary, but I wouldn't want it any other way!!! Good luck:-) It looks like you'll be meeting your precious son soon.
ReplyDelete