Saturday, May 2, 2009

One Month

Travis is one month!!!  Where did the last 4 weeks go???  He gets easier and easier everyday.  He is becoming more alert, following us with his eyes and is becoming more content being awake (rather than crying from gas,diaper, or hunger).  He is sleeping well, naps a lot during the day and then at night we have been getting a consistent stretch of 4 hours from 9-1:30 for the last week (knock on wood!).  He then goes down for another 3 hours and wakes for breakfast at about 5:30 or 6!!!  Still feels like we have no sleep, but again, it gets better and better everyday!  Sammy was sleeping from 9-5 at 7 weeks and in her crib at 8...so we have some goals! 
The honest truth is that he and I have had our share of feeding issues.  Sammy was a pro, she knew just what to do and that went on for 13 months, that's right, I nursed her for 13 months!!!  So naturally I expected to have the same ease with Travis, however NOT the case.  He is just is either super sleepy and doesn't eat enough, or he is super fussy...not his fault.  I can hear and feel his little tummy grumbling, then I try to imagine how my stomach feels when it's upset.  We've been giving him Mylicon and that helps some, but it is getting better.  I think he and his little body are figuring out his digestive system...it is all still so new!  I just get frustrated because I have just about the easiest child to compare him to, perhaps we were given Sammy first so that we'd have more kids???  And I know, I shouldn't compare them, but I'm just going off what I know and what Joe and I have experienced!  No, he really is not that bad, those of you moms just know that a crying baby and lack of sleep can make you go crazy, literally!  
It's also hard nursing for an hour and having a 2 year old which is just really testing my patience!!!  She either needs me to "hold you" as she says it, or needs help using the restroom (which has crocodiles in the toilet only when my hands are full with Travis), or is hungry...her list goes on! Sammy is still doing okay though.  Most importantly she LOVES her baby brother.  First thing she does when she wakes up from night or naps is ask "where is Tabis?" and goes to give him a kiss.  She tries to soothe him when he cries even if it is thinking she has to shove a pacifier in his mouth...which actually just makes him more upset!  She has become increasingly whinny though!  I don't know if it is her terrible twos finally kicking in or that she has finally realize she is not the center of mom and dads attention.  Everyone we talk to says that it is having a new baby at home and that it will pass, but I HATE IT!!!  I hate it when my 5th graders whine, I won't have my 2 year old at home doing the same thing!!!  I have really just tried to put myself in her little shoes and imagine what things are like for her, having mommy and daddy coo at Travis, or always holding him...so like I said before, we try to do lots of special time.  We went to Tom's Farm last Saturday and she was an angel, she LOVED it.  It was beautiful outside so it was a perfect getaway for the afternoon.  


Poor Sammy and her crack, of course Daddy had to take a picture of it, more sad is that I am posting it!  Hahaha!

Now pictures of our little man...
He loves, loves, loves this sling, more than the other one I have.  The instant he goes in it, he's out and Joe loves it because it fits him.  Thanks again Genn!
Okay, one month pictures.  So my friend Jessica started doing this with her little boy Ethan, and my friend Amy did it with her little girl Taylor.  I loved the idea but Sammy was already 6 months by the time I decided to steal it, so now Travis gets to participate!  I won't normally post this many of the same thing except that it was a hilarious progression trying to get a good shot!

First, his classic O face.  Sammy mimics him all the time! 
And since I was the only one doing this poor guy kept falling forward.
...but the crazy mom that I am, I took a picture of it happening rather than helping him, Ha!
So I put him back up, "Mom you must be crazy because I just fell, I don't want to take this picture!"
So round two, next day!  And Oh LOVELY, right as I put him up, he spits up half his meal.  Great!
Then Samantha wants to be in the picture too!  But he didn't think it was a good idea.
"It's otay Tabis, I hold you".
"Nope still not liking this"


Then he starts to fall the other way...
Fine, leave him down!


Apparently that's all he wanted, was to lay down!

10 comments:

  1. It is crazy hard at the beginning, but it gets easier. Emma still whines and wants to be center of attention, but Jackson just pushes her out of the way or takes her toys and runs away and giggles! Sammy will get use to it. As a matter of a fact, Emma is whining right now! Lovely. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks so good! I notice that Travis has hair already :)I love the teddy bear pictures. Those get more and more fun every month...fun to get them to look at you! He's so cute. I want to come and see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost forgot, I love where Travis is puckering up. So cute. Taylor did that so much when she was tiny. It was one of my favorite things to see. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have two beautiful kiddos! i love the new pictures. i am sorry that sammy is having a rough adjustment. hang in there! and travis is a month old already?! sheesh! that flew by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally doing the stuffed animal activity. I have one of Madison at 1 week old, but I've been bad and haven't posted it yet. Looks like you're getting the hang of being a mommy of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh do I ever feel your pain with the whining.... some days I feel like that's all Ethan does and I don't have another baby here yet! I hate whining! On the bright side at least Sammy can communicate with you with words... we're still working on that :)

    I hope hope hope the feeding issues get easier SOON! That is so rough and I totally feel your pain! I'm hoping since I had it harder the first time that this second go around will be easier! Hang in there and it will get better.

    You're doing a great job! Here's to more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the progression of pictures with the teddy bear. That was pretty cute. It is so hard to get one great shot.

    I can also totally understan your pain with Sammy's whining. Hannah was whinier than she has ever been for the first 3 or 4 weeks after Claire was born. Then it gradually tapered off, and I think she got used to her. I hope Sammy stops soon. So many adjustments for everyone!

    I am wishing you more sleep soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the teddy bear pics Tawny! He is adorable. And I love the picture of Sammy with her crack showing. FUNNY!! And it is cute on a little sweet baby like her, but I am not so fond of seeing the young girls and their thongs showing! Don't do that Sammy!!!!
    Gennifer is doing the progressive pics of Claire too. Love those!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. We are more than willing to come and play with Sammy so you can feed Travis or get some things done. I wish I had had someone offer that to me (Like for the middle of the day)when my Bogie was born. Let me know when you want to play.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Travis is so darn cute! Wish we were able to go to each other's kids' parties this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...