
As if I didn't do enough with scrapbooking, knitting, photography, blogging...I got a sewing machine!!! Joe and I will be celebrating our 4th anniversary this coming week and we always follow the little gift giving guide for each year. Traditional 4th anniversary is fruit/flowers and I already thought of something clever for that, but modern gift if appliance...so we thought this fit! Joe is actually more excited than me I think!
So now....how do I use this thing??? There is a class at Joanns that we can take, but the next one is August 3rd and we'll be in Cayucos, and the next one is not till September...so anyone one out there (Jessica, Kris, Sarah...) any tips on how I get started with this thing??? Ha!

i'm jealous! i really really want to learn to sew. i took home my mom's ancient machine a long time ago and tried but it had no manual and let's just say it didn't go well.
ReplyDeletekeep us updated on your progress! and then maybe you can teach me! :)
I can't wait to see what you make! My mom gave me her old one also so that I could sew on scrapbook pages and Oh My God it was a disaster...I can't use a sewing maching!
ReplyDeleteOKay...I meant machine.
ReplyDeleteyeeeeeeeeees!!! I cant wait!! stroller liners here we come! I have to admit I think Troy was more excited than me when we got it too! And he helped me a ton! ( i.e. when I would break down crying---the perfectionist in me!)
ReplyDeleteHow funny, Matt was super excited when I got my machine too. My mom came over one day and helped me learn the very very basics. I'm still pretty basic. If I set out to try a pattern I need very good directions. I think if someone helps you get the basics down, you can just keep practicing! I've always wanted to take a class but have never made the time, I'm sure you'd learn a ton! Happy sewing!!!
ReplyDeleteI soooo want one of those! I too have NO idea how to use one, but would LOVE to learn. Can't wait to see what you create!
ReplyDeleteFun. I would like to learn how to sew one of these days. Can't wait to see what you make.
ReplyDeleteI've taken the class at JoAnnes and if I had to do it again I'd save my $45 or whatever it was... use the money on fabric and figure it out myself. At my Joanne's you had to use their sewing machines which are super fancy and leave you frustrated when you're at home thinking " this was soo easy at the store why can't i get this stupid thing to work..."
ReplyDeleteYou Tube it! There are sooo many informative tutorials on you tube. Start with something easy like a blanket for one of Sammy's dolls. Just the other day I made reuseable snack bags that were really easy. If you want me to forward you some simple, easy and fun tutorials I can... just email me!
Happy Sewing!