
Welcome!

I am trying to be appreciative, since that is my word for 2010.
Many teachers found out just yesterday that they were losing their job.
Some of us are still wondering if we will be moving schools, which to many of us is like losing our job.
Basically class size reduction in GONE!
That means there could be like 35 kinders in one room...not my idea of a good start for a 5 year old.
Not something that I want for my kids.
But really I am appreciative to have my job, one that I like to try to think kinda makes a difference in the world (or at least I hope so).
I really am grateful...

"Feel free to drop me a note"
-Got this great idea from my friend Amy!

We salute our flag.
The background is a constant reminder of babies, amongst other stufffff.

I lesson plan, meet standards, grade, and sanitize all in a days work.
It would be an interesting post one day to see what everyone had on their key chains.
Mine are separate.
My school keys are NOT cluttered, only the importants (thanks for the cute lanyard AMY!)

Can we say ORGANIZED freak?

We read my all time FAV book.

We get relaxed in the library to read too.
I'm spoiled. That white bookshelf, yea, my Handyman built that for me!

I grade, and grade, then when I'm done, I grade MORE...

I have an endless supply of cash.
And YEST Box Tops really DO matter!

We are scientists everyday.
We wear lab coats when we get really down and dirty.
My lab coat is at home being bedazzled.

We get messy, and have fun.
My motto at school, "If I'm here all day, I want to have fun, learning IS fun".

*I don't normally have my camera at school. We just did this REALLY cool science expereiment and I wanted to take pics of my kids. They get a KICK out of seeing their faces on my background of my school computer. I change it up each week.*
But still, I'm not at home with my babies.
In a perfect world I could do both and not feel guilty about either one and still have an endless supply of revenue.
That would mean I was a movie star I think?
At the end of the day, I'm grateful that I have a job that can help support my growing family.
I'm grateful and look forward to the minute I get the see these faces!


Happy FRIDAY!!! TGIF

You definitely DO make a difference in the world...your teaching the future! Have a wonderful Friday!!
ReplyDeletei love this post!!! i will unfortunately be one of those losing my job more than likely. wish i was in a bigger district so that i wouldnt be the bottom of the barrel. i would love to move schools if it meant keeping my job :(
ReplyDeleteYour classroom is adorable...i dont even understand like anything on your whiteboard though....depth...complexity....we teach the same grade...what standards are those??? lol im out of it!!
Sweet post Tawny!
ReplyDeletei opened your blog and gasped when i saw your banner.. it is SO beautiful! i popped over from Mrs. Dunbar's blog... i'm blog-hopping today, since i can't be at Blissdom.
ReplyDeleteyour work is SO important... i hope for my kids {actually, for ALL kids} teachers like you who really understand how important their jobs are!!
i opened your blog and gasped when i saw your banner.. it is SO beautiful! i popped over from Mrs. Dunbar's blog... i'm blog-hopping today, since i can't be at Blissdom.
ReplyDeleteyour work is SO important... i hope for my kids {actually, for ALL kids} teachers like you who really understand how important their jobs are!!
tawny
ReplyDeletei really enjoyed a peek at your classroom. from one (former) teacher to another...you are sooo valuable. and your work has meaning. do you know how many people never have that? i understand your pull between two loves--teaching and your own babies. your children are learning, though, that you can be a mother (and a good one,too!) AND be a hard-worker. they will remember that you did it all. and they'll love you for it.
I LOVE your White board! Clever! ;) For the first time in 9 years (minus a short 6 mo. job when I immigrated my hubby to the USA ) We are now considering mommy going back to work - will have to be night/weekend as I home school one. sigh! ;( Rats! breaks my heart... but might need to be done... buzzard! You have beautiful babies! Blessings! way to see the up side!
ReplyDeleteJust Jenn~
AHHH what a good post. I want to do one now, but I don't have good pictures of stuff in my room. Maybe I will take some?? Love that some of my kids have found my blog???? Annoying!
ReplyDeleteI loved taking a peak in room 17. It is always nice to see another teacher's room for ideas. I am sorry that you might have to move schools, but you could start a new adventure (along with many others!)
ReplyDeleteAs for me, my new adventure will probably be at home. I picked up my pink slip today..... it doesn't sound like I will be safe. 4 years of teaching and still not safe.
Thanks for reminding me of your "word of the year" mine is to "live". I will have to live in the moment and enjoy teaching while I can.
Thanks for showing us around your room Tawny. Good pictures. I feel like I went to school with you! :)
ReplyDeleteI saw on your blog that button for the blog party... I'm totally gonna do it too! Jake is going to dig out our pics from our engagement from the garage for me tomorrow, so I will be ready. :)
You have the 2 most important jobs on earth. Teaching your children and teaching our children. My mom is a 1st grade teacher, so I have been hanging out in classrooms my whole life. I have no greater respect for anyone than I do a teacher. Hardest. Job. Ever. (and most rewarding too I hope!)
ReplyDeleteI am blessed to stay home with my babies, but there is a huge part of me that is envious of your life. Your classroom to call your own. Your time away from those little beauties to call your own. I guess we always want what we don't have!
What a fun post, I love it! Thanks for the tour of your classroom... it looks like a fun place to learn.
ReplyDeleteIt seems so long ago now that I taught.... wow.
You make me miss teaching so much. I'm sorry you might have to move schools. 18 teachers at Twain were pink slipped, so maybe you'll end up there. It's a great school and at least you'll be in the same area. I know it will still be hard leaving a school you've been at for 6 years. You still owe me a phone call! :) We need to catch up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great classroom!!! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, girl. I love all your classroom goodies but most of all I loved seeing your students' smile in that one shot. Lots of fun which is essential.Your tour just made me miss teaching. I haven't been in the classroom as an educator since 2001... yikes!Thanks for all you do for our kids. You are essential in our kids' lives. :) By the way, I do just add goodies to my Trader Joe pancake/waffle mix. The best stuff in town! Happy day to you.
ReplyDeletecute room! great post!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your room is so cute! I hope that when my girls are going to school they get a good teacher like you. I never had a classroom that looks like that, you are so creative!! I sure hope you don't have to move schools, that would definitely be a bummer. It's so sad what is happening right now to all of these hardworking people. It definitely makes me appreciate all that I have. Loved your post!
ReplyDelete