One of the many things I appreciate about California.
Okay, some of my non-California friends might not want to know what we did today.
I would totally understand if you just stopped here and went to another blog.
If you are intrigued though...

We busted out the bathing suit, flip flops, slip n slide...and even Otter Pops.
Oh yea baby, it was a beautiful Valentine's Day!!!
But before that we did our normal Sunday routine, light breakfast, church, lunch. But for lunch today we went to one of Sammy's favorite places.


There was a small carnival there too, lucky girl.
She also was able to talk us into a few rides. I do HATE carnival rides, but hey, it was Valentine's Day.

How did she talk me into this?!
She pulled out this:


And so we got to enjoy the view.

Then Daddy took her down this...well actually she got to the top and looked at him and said, "I can do this all by my SELF"
Oh the words of a 2 year old!

She did good though!

Now back to the sunshine...it was SO hot so when we got home we decided to ditch naps (which later led to meltdowns) and pull out the slip n slide.
This was SUCH a hit last summer, who knew we would be using it again in February?!

Water was FREEZING!



But it didn't stop either of them!


T got knocked down a few times...

But he went right back to giving out his fair share of tackles.



Sammy needed a break and remembering last summer, she asked for her Otter Pop.
Joe says coming out from the freezer, "Pavlov's Dogs".
"What?"
He continued to explain that she had one every time we did the slip n slide last year so she was waiting for it when we pulled it out this time.
That's Pavlov right?
I started as a Psych major in college...I should know!


T's translation:
"Mmmmm, that looks good Sammy"

"Can I try yours?"

"Really, you're going to share with ME?"

"MMMMM, I love my sister"
Hope your Valentine's was a splash too :)

what a great post! made me smile!!! what a wonderful day and a wonderful time as a family. makes me almost cry!! darn hormones! it WILL be fun having two kids it will it will!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are really cute. You got some good ones of both of them at the same time! Looks like a fun Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteIt's official - I HATE YOU!!!!! :D Just kidding. I am just so darn envious of your sunshine..... brrrrr.... we are freezing over here in Chicago!!!! Looking at those photos did warm me up a bit though. They are so darn cute - GREAT photos!!!!! I am so glad you all had a great day. HUGS!
ReplyDeleteYou did get some great pictures of both of them. T's arm looks really good too.
ReplyDeleteCute post.
I can't believe that Travis is such a big boy now. Sammy too (girl)! You guys had a lot of fun on V Day!
ReplyDeleteI always love a good Paino slip and slide post... T and Sammy look great! Happy to hear that you had a happy Love Day!
ReplyDelete3 words... rude! not fair!
ReplyDelete3 more... Looks very fun!
ok 3 more... Sweet sweet photos!
=)
darling pics.
ReplyDeletebeautiful day.
adorable kids.
fun mommy.
jealous blogger...
Too fun!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO jealous of the sun and warm temp.!!!- as I am looking outside at more snow now!!!- but your lovely pictures brought a bit of "spring" to my morning!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Blessings!
Jill
oh, you torture me.
ReplyDeleteit's snowing and freezing and miserable.
ca is the place to live.
Darling post!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day, and I love that you busted out the slip in slide. I took my kids to the park yesterday and was thinking how nice it would be if they had the water park working. Not for the kids but for me, it was hot ;)
I seriously think that you are fabulous with that camera. Very talented lady you are and I love that you always post so many. Your kids are adorable!
once again gorgoeous pics! when we lived in CA, and then moved back to IL for two years, i HATED when Ca friends would call and say "it's 70 here, or 90-some here today" - it would seriously tick me off. now that i am back in CA, i find myself doing the same annoying thing to IL friends - isn't that mean?
ReplyDeletebut 80 degrees this past, weekend! c'mon - we have to brag on that one!
what a fun day!! we are big slip and slide fans around here, too. Can't beat it when the weather's warm but the pool is cold.
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos...especially the ferris wheel. really great!!
Beautiful, fun pictures of your adorable family. I'm lovin' this CA weather, too. Warm and toasty. Just my style!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my proposal blog, too.
Have a great day!
So jealous over here. I love slip n slides (my girls do too obviously!) and otter pops! And I love sunshine and warmth. Two things lacking here in freezing Idaho!
ReplyDeleteps. Beautiful photos (as always!)
What a cute post! Your kiddos are so cute. I love how they play together now! That has to be the best feeling! Hasn't the weather been amazing! We've been loving it. Now it's time for some more rain and winter... but that's ok since we had such a nice break :) The heat will be here before we know it.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful day, gorgeous photos {and kiddos}, such a sunny post for those of us who have been freezing! :)
ReplyDelete