Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank You Amy!

Thanks to Amy's motivation and encouragement, I did it!  I made 5 new hair clips for Sammy!  After I saw Amy's cute ideas and her great examples, I called her (as we often do on our way to work) and she was very encouraging!  She told me where she got the clips-SO CHEAP at Sally's Beauty Supply, and that it was very simple!  I kinda put it off thinking she was lying :)-that it would be more difficult and time consuming...but they aren't.  The only time consuming thing about them is that I want to make more and more!  I was able to use a lot of my scrapbook ribbons and flowers as well as buttons...who knew that stuff could double for pages and bows!  
This morning I put a dress on Sammy for church and didn't have a bow to match, but of course I had ribbon and flowers that matched (the brown and teal one)...so in 10 minutes I whipped up a matching clip!  I LOVE it!  Thanks Amy :)

5 comments:

  1. these are SOOO Cute!! i need to make some now! i am getting the total craft itch yet have no time or money!! argh! sewing is WAY expensive i am finding out! now we need a pic of sammy with the clips in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some too after reading Amy's blog! I think yours are WAY cuter though. Obviously Ethan won't be wearing the ones I made... I'm giving them as a gift :) I'll have to post pics on my blog.

    I agree with Sarah, i want to see pics of Sammy with some of these in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the flowers. I think those flowers have come in handy, you gave me some of those last time we scrapbooked! I am going to get some of those. I love them. I think Jessica bagged on my bows? J/K I think she's talking about hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute bows! Will you and Amy just make me some since I am too lazy to go do it myself?? =)

    And I will ask you what I asked Amy, are all of those bows attached to the double pronged clips, or are some of them the sticky bows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma's looks super cute in her hair!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...