I would do it and am appreciative to get this week with them, all to myself but...
Really, I had a day.
I was going to rant all about it, but lucky for me (maybe not so lucky for her) I got to talk all about it to my dear friend Amy.
My little man, he is something else.
He is not easy.
My friends are probably laughing at me now because seriously, Sammy was SO EASY!
Really EASY!
She walked, talked, obeyed early. She ate what was given to her. She drank what was handed out. Made/makes life VERY easy.
This handsome, little sweet face can be very deceiving.

I don't mean to compare him to her, but I am.
That is what I know, that is what I have to go on.
He is different.
I know he's a boy, but I can't blame it on that right?
I have been so anxiety stricken with this little thing who won't drink much during the day at all.
I've tried about 7 different sippy cups.
I put chocolate in the milk.
I give him cups with straws.
I let him share whatever Sammy is having.
He pushes it away almost EVERY TIME.
No liquids=bigger issues.
I used to say with Sammy that, "she won't starve herself". Well this kid might.
He resists most baby food, so now I have to make sure I'm giving him all the right healthy stuff in "real food".
He can sign and say a few words, but he doesn't have the words to express what he really wants.
So he points and then will scream.
I can't handle it.
I don't do screaming.
I won't do screaming.
So I will continue to say, "use your words", and I will continue to help him learn the words to use because I NEED him too, soon!
He was on my leg most of the day, only content when I was down on the floor while he played with something else.
I got nothing done.
I know that's okay, but I can't do this everyday of Spring Break, it better be a nicer day tomorrow!
More wedding pictures...
These are from one of the bridesmaids that just shared them with me.
Thank you Sara Jane!
Love how Sammy is gazing up at Amanda!
And again, she was so in awe of the two of them!
Isn't the room great!
And then in this picture you can see that she took on some moves of her own.
She has been well trained because as you can see the whole Paino clan was out on the floor.
Can you see my Little Man's adorable suit? I didn't get pictures with it :(
Look behind T. There in the back...Miss S and her new BF!
Can I squeeze in some Easter pictures?
Okay, great.
Thanks!

My poor little guy didn't have a first birthday.
I have been a guilt ridden momma about it.
Sammy got a big 1st AND 2nd birthday (even when T was only 6 weeks old!) .
There was so much going on, and after many back and forth discussions about it, no party.
I think Joe was secretly relieved by the idea of it though!
So, being that he was practically an Easter baby this year, I called up Grammie and asked if I could do a little something for him with the family.
This was my "little something".





Please don't judge me.
I KNOW that my daughter has TWO different animal prints on.
I know it was actually kinda cold and she had flip flops on.
Please see the previous post and cut me some slack!



And of course he got his cake!



And so did someone else!

SO much to comment on! What a post!
ReplyDeleteFirst, sorry you had a bad day with T. I hear you on getting nothing done all day. That's how it goes most days for me lately. My girls have been keeping me so busy I can't even believe it.
You and Amanda both look beautiful at her wedding. Glad Sammy did so well too.
And your "little something" for Travis' birthday looks like a very nice little something. I bet he was just as happy as if he had a big party. Kids don't know.
Hope life slows down a bit for you soon!
Travis looks so cute and I love the decorations you made. You are one of the most creative people I know. I love hearing your stories. I didn't even get a chance to tell you mine and the battles that Taylor and I had all morning! (Just testing me with everything I say) You, Sammy, and Amanda all looked so beautiful for the wedding. I just saw the last post too. She did have a lot of really neat things at her wedding.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel alone, my little angel was not my little girl tonight at dinner with friends, why do they learn the word no at such a young age?!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe because it is our break, and our routines are a little different right???
I love all the pictures, T had a very special birthday!!
Gavin is a really bad eater too! I sometimes think he might starve himself also. He would live on milk, chips, and french fries if I let him...
ReplyDeleteHis little birthday celebration was so cute and creative! I can't believe he is already one. Their monthly pictures are fun to look at and compare at the end of the year! Happy Birthday to your little man.
Hopefully you get some stuff done this week. I swear they know when you are trying to be productive. See you soon for Taylors birthday!
Um, that was your "little" something? Man, what does it look like when you go all out!? What cute favors, cake, highchair banner, everything! Seriously, with all that you have going on, I can't believe you're still standing! Sammy looked so cute in that dress- can't wait to see more. :)
ReplyDeletethat's what you call putting together a little thing? those treats look so cute, and don't even get me started on that cake. perfect!
ReplyDeleteoh, tawny...
ReplyDeleteyou are just one of many moms who has such guilt and anxiety. is it comforting to know that? that's the job of a mom, right? to constantly question herself? unfortunately, baby #2 always gets the shaft. it's the law of siblings. my poor boy will always be more challenging and difficult and has always had less than his big sis. but...i have to remind myself that when i had my oldest daughter, she was all i had. there were no other children to divide my time to, to distract me, to compete for attention. i had all the time in the world to devote to her. baby #2 just seems to rock the boat so much more which causes complete chaos to ensue in the brain!
you will love all your children, but it will be different for each. that's okay.
and those jelly-bean mason jars? adorable. absolutely adorable.
Tawny all your photos are amazing!~ As a Mom of two boys, who are both very different....my older son did not speak a word til he was three years old....Jack my second one was speaking full sentences at a year and a half. I know your frustration, and I promise you it will get easier...boys are stubborn, very stubborn. You are doing a great job not yelling ( I yelled) lol...got me no where!~ Just be consistent, and he will drink, he will eat, he has to so don't sweat it:)
ReplyDeleteAmanda looked absolutely stunning! Loved her veil and vintage look!!! So classy. T is handsome boy...and he certainly won't starve...don't worry. Kids go through this sort of thing. Cute pics....all of them.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you had a not so good day with the little one!
ReplyDeleteI will say that your children are adorbale and your photos are amazing!
Hope the rest of your week goes better!!
Your pictures are so adorable!! I just love it!! I hope your little boy does better with eating soon, it's stressful when you can't get them to do what you want! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd as for a button, email me and let me know what you'd like for it to look like. :)
Happy Tuesday!
Oh, girl, there were so many parts to this post.
ReplyDeleteYes, staying home can be harder than going to work,and I know you probably have a thousand things to do but seriously enjoy your kids right now. That is the brilliant part of being a teacher, you actually get breaks throughout the year. Play with your little guys and do the laundry tonight. Ha, you're probably going to be more tired at the end of this week, than a normal work week.
Don't be guilt ridden over the party thing. The only one who will remember the difference between S & T's parties will be you. They are both love the same amount and that is what counts.
You look gorgeous as a bridesmaid. And what a lucky day that Sammy was a part of it too. Good friends, there, who include your little ones.
Hugs to you. Enjoy this week. Take a million pictures and smile because those are your two biggest blessings. And they are precious.
Oh Tawny! At least he eats cake! =) My little man was glued to my leg and a 2 foot radius for a couple years! hard times! he also would not use sippy cups... which we discovered later was for medical reasons! If he drinks from a bottle... 2 is not a bad time to give up the bottle! honest! =) I also had fussy eaters... only sweat potato based baby foods went into their fussy little mouths... nothing with potato or peas??! ugh! Thank you Earths best! have you tried them? Hope your week pans out better!
ReplyDeletePS Love the pictures!! I love pictures! ;) keep em coming!
Phew! Well, I hope your spring break is going better. Madison is still refusing a lot of foods right now. She'll push my hand away and it lands (of course) on me! She'll only drink milk from a bottle (and only if I hold it for her), and I'm often on the floor playing with her all day. And no, nothing gets done because when she naps I'm either showering or resting because I've lost all motivation. Praying the next one is easier!
ReplyDeleteI love Travis' banner on his high chair. I may have to steal that idea! Happy first birthday to your little guy! I bet you're glad you're done pumping!
Wow, I have to say, what a post!!
ReplyDeleteI have probably the hardest of both worlds. I work full time and watch my girls full time. Working from home is not all that it is cracked out to be. It's hard to live the stay at home Mom life and the full time working Mom life all at the same time. Yes, I'm happy that I have that opportunity but it's so hard all at the same time. Plus add in the cake biz, I'm done. I know I do it to myself but still. It's hard. I sometimes wish that I had a full time job away from the kids, I think it might be easier ;)
The wedding looked gorgeous!! What a beautiful bride she made! I was hoping to meet her when her Mom came to pick up the cake but totally understand why I didn't;)
Plus the birthday touches on Easter? Great, you are an awesome Mom Tawny! Your kids are very lucky!
Ok... lots to say....
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously just a "little something"? Oh my, you are just full of creativity and cuteness! If I did all of that it would be a "big something" :) Don't feel bad... a 1 year old does not know they aren't getting a party! You can make up for it when he's big enough to really enjoy it :)
Also, I can just TOTALLY relate to you with your issues with T. It really sounds so much like Ethan. I was always very anxious and worried because I COULD NOT get the kid to eat or drink. I remember my pediatrician telling me that a toddler will not starve themselves... they will eat enough even if it doesn't seem like it to us.
I think I also had every sippy cup/bottle under the sun because I COULD NOT get the kid to drink. What finally did it for us was mixing that Torani Vanilla syrup with milk. I still mix strawberry syrup with milk for him.
Oh, another trick I used to do (and still do with him) was to make smoothies full of fruit and veggies and freeze them into popsicles. I could at least get him to eat some produce that way.
Also... the screaming and not using words... very typical with boys. I thought I was going to go crazy with Ethan when he was that age. ALL HE WOULD DO WAS FUSS AND CRY! It was not fun. Boys just take so much longer to be able to communicate. Ethan finally started talking around 18 months, and he's never shut up ;) I remember you telling me the things Sammy said/did and was AMAZED because Ethan was so not like that. So just take heart... T is a very normal boy.... and things WILL get easier :) Every child is different.
Ethan was SO hard from 13-18 months, and then he got SO much easier. Just hang in there!
Ok, so I totally don't mean to ramble and give a bunch of advice... just trying to encourage you and let you know I have totally been there... and I feel your pain!
That was the world's longest comment :)