Sunday, April 4, 2010

What a weekend!

Seriously, what a weekend!
Thursday night: Rehearsal Dinner for one of my best friends (I even ditched Open House for it...and you teachers out there know that getting ready for that alone is a task in itself!)
Friday: Played hookie and celebrated T's 1st Birthday!
Saturday: Amanda's Wedding-GORGEOUS!!!
Sunday: Happy Easter and T's semi-Birthday Party
I have been a busy busy woman.
To busy, too stressed, and now trying to just relax.


Being part of the big wedding I keep talking about was exciting, but to have Sammy be part of it too was fantastic.
The girl was an angel. Really, she couldn't have been better.
Luckily, I had my own photographer (AKA the Handyman) who took pics during the rehearsal and the dinner.






These two-P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!
When they really did walk during the wedding there were SO many awes and oooooo's! Precious!



I'm actually quiet sad because I was so wrapped up in getting her and I ready that I really didn't take pictures.
I can't WAIT to see all the pictures that the photographer took-I need to just be patient though ;)


Miss S was SO excited to get to see in the big stool and get her make up done like the big girls!

The wedding was at the Union Station in LA.
One of the most gorgeous places I have every seen for a wedding.
The ambiance was beautiful and every detail was PERFECT.
The most amazing part was how much heart was put into each part.
For example, the boxes/vases for the flowers were built by Amanda's dad-they were breathtaking!





Skeleton keys for guests to find their seats

Vintage postcards for the table numbers with vintage teal knobs on wood plaques-also made by her father.

Sammy's seat! I gave her a special present for her big day :)


Ahhhh, my FAVORITE picture. So in love. So happy. I love it :)


Now to bore you with some pictures of the two that add to the stress, yet, I wouldn't change a thing!!!
I laugh every time I make a mega post like this and think of my friend Genn who calls herself a Photogaholic.
I am coming out too, Genn.
I'm a Photogaholic.






Yep, my boy eats rocks!





Happy Easter!!!

17 comments:

  1. happy easter! wow... what a busy weekend! i love the pictures! your lil' man's tie shirt is too cute! i can imagine it being so special to have sammy in the same wedding as you! i know she made a beautiful flower girl!!! hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those where awesome pics!~ Your friend made a beautiful bride. All you girls looked so happy and having so much fun!~ The kids holding hands was priceless:)!~ Really enjoyed those pics, thanks for sharing:)!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend for you guys! I bet it was so cute to see your little girl as a flower girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take some beautiful photos!! What kind of camera do you use?? I dabble a little and am in the process of buying a new lense for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd admit you are a photogaholic too. Hi Tawny, I'm Genn. Welcome to the club.

    You had some great pictures. The wedding looks like it was beautiful. I love that picture too of Amanda and her husband. Can't wait to see more from the wedding.

    And cute pictures of your kidddos. Love T's shirt with the tie on it, and Sammy's yellow dress. They are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! The wedding looks amazing! Can't wait to see the rest ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures!! Amanda looked gorgeous! The wedding details were amazing!!! I can't wait to see more. Love the one pic of the water droplets on T's hand. Great shots. Oh...and I am Kris....and I am a photogaholic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful photographs! Such fun times...weddings are so blissful! I miss those stages with my little ones! Love the pics of T with his tie shirt! And Sammy holding hands ... cute cute! =)
    Hope you had a lovely Easter on top of all that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You ARE busy! Great pictures! The little table setting for Sammy is so cute- what a thoughtful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you HAVE been busy!! Love the picture where you are holding your little boy, and your little girls hand. Precious! Glad you found some time to relax, as I'm sure it's WELL deserved. ;)

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What GREAT pictures, Tawny! I loved looking at all of them and the wedding was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wedding looks so beautiful! And your children are adorable! Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a Canon Rebel XS that I've had for about a year and I love it. I want to get a new lense and am thinking about the 50 1.8. It's only like $100. I've heard it's good but it doesn't zoom. I follow the Momtog blog and she recommended that one as well. The one I really want is like over a grand so I won't be getting that anytime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the details of Amanda's beautiful day! Miss S is a doll, I can imagine that she looked great and behaved great!
    We love T's tie shirt, that's the way to do it!
    Glad to see you survive the craziness, take this week off to recover :)
    Looking forward to the many more photos, you photogalic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats what I've heard about that lense....is that it doesn't zoom. I'm still trying to get out of the auto mode and figure some other stuff out!! I'm failing at getting the pics where the subject is super clear and everything else is blurry?? Any suggestions??!!! I don't know if a better lense would help with that or not?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a beautiful weekend full of wonderful memories. You're little ones are too... {cute}! Great pictures!
    Jenn :)
    www.5andahighchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable pics, the wedding looks like it was gorgeous. I'm seriously amazed at how busy you have been! Whew! I'll bet you're very ready to relax this week :)

    I can't believe your little man is one!!!!

    Your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...