My day started with getting my butt kicked at an awesome workout with friends.
Then I got sucked into housework-blah!
We had every intention of heading out to the beach and enjoying the day, but it got away from us.
So we still went for a bike ride to our favorite sandwich shop.
We actually live right by the University that my hubby and I went to so we rode through there on our way to the shop.
Then on the way back we let the kids run around.
YEP I SAID KIDS!!! T FINALLY decided that he wanted to walk on his own!
He is not too steady, but he is at least now on his way!
If I could have bypassed the whole crawling stage I would have.
Really, I don't mean to wish away ANY time of my kids being little, but life would be easier if my kids went from learning to sit up to crawling by 6 months.
Oh well.
He's walking.
Okay, back to "old school".
This was our old school.
We were reminiscing about how we used to sit at the benches around the bell tower between classes.
How we would "go out" on Wednesdays and do nothing on weekends but recoup.
How grateful we both were to have such an experience.
We then looked at our little family on the grass.
We would have NEVER done this on a weekend in college.
We watched our kids play and laugh together and thought how much we love life now.
We never would have thought 6 years out of school we'd be playing in the grass at the Bell Tower.
Now such a different day at the Bell Tower than it used to be!


Miss S wanted to be in EVERY picture. Nice.

And this little one. He did NOT like the grass on his feet at all!



Ahhh...T wasn't walking fast enough to catch up so he opted for crawling and just could do that fast enough either...

...so he stopped, crossed his feet, and enjoyed the leaves.

Then somebody was teaching them how to roll down a hill.
I totally appreciate how carefree and amused kids can be.
Just watching them enjoy rolling down a hill was better than any toy I could have bought either of them.


*************************
Then I got sucked into housework-blah!
We had every intention of heading out to the beach and enjoying the day, but it got away from us.
So we still went for a bike ride to our favorite sandwich shop.
We actually live right by the University that my hubby and I went to so we rode through there on our way to the shop.
Then on the way back we let the kids run around.
YEP I SAID KIDS!!! T FINALLY decided that he wanted to walk on his own!
He is not too steady, but he is at least now on his way!
If I could have bypassed the whole crawling stage I would have.
Really, I don't mean to wish away ANY time of my kids being little, but life would be easier if my kids went from learning to sit up to crawling by 6 months.
Oh well.
He's walking.
Okay, back to "old school".
This was our old school.
We were reminiscing about how we used to sit at the benches around the bell tower between classes.
How we would "go out" on Wednesdays and do nothing on weekends but recoup.
How grateful we both were to have such an experience.
We then looked at our little family on the grass.
We would have NEVER done this on a weekend in college.
We watched our kids play and laugh together and thought how much we love life now.
We never would have thought 6 years out of school we'd be playing in the grass at the Bell Tower.
Now such a different day at the Bell Tower than it used to be!


Miss S wanted to be in EVERY picture. Nice.

And this little one. He did NOT like the grass on his feet at all!



Ahhh...T wasn't walking fast enough to catch up so he opted for crawling and just could do that fast enough either...

...so he stopped, crossed his feet, and enjoyed the leaves.

Then somebody was teaching them how to roll down a hill.
I totally appreciate how carefree and amused kids can be.
Just watching them enjoy rolling down a hill was better than any toy I could have bought either of them.


*************************

Those pictures and memories are so sweet. They really are adorable together. Those are so cute of Joe playing with them! Your post just makes me smile!!
ReplyDeleteTawny-
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect day to me-well, minus the housework of course!:) I love seeing the kids enjoying things like this, and it's true-better than any toy we could ever buy. Have a great day today!
Sounds like a great day!! Isn't it funny how you look at things now and it's so totally different then how it used to be but so much better in so many ways!!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand about the wanting them to walk but not wishing away their babyness too....Mia is 6 and half months and I want her to stay little but I am looking forward to her being a little more mobile. I know I will regret saying that I'm sure but I'm still excited!!
Great pictures. Hmmm, maybe Mr. Dunbar and I should go and hang out by the bell tower as well. Seeing how it's been TEN years since we've done that. (How time flies.)
ReplyDeleteYour family is beautiful!!!
I left you something over at my blog today!!! You'll have to check it out!!
ReplyDeleteNothing like those carefree days in college! So glad to be done, but I do miss sleeping in and having no responsibilities! Looks like you guys had fun! That's so cute how Joe taught them how to roll down a hill! I loved doing that as a kid but won't do it now!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I haven't been back to the campus forever, and you totally make me want to now! How funny that I totally would think that sounds like fun... going to hang out by the bell tower with my kids on a weekend :) You are right, life sure has changed... but it sure is great :)
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures, very cute :)
Can't wait to see the changes to your blog!
CUTE!!! I love how T is standing in the last pics. It looked like another fun beautiful day for the Painos!! It is neat to go back to a special place and look at it through a new set of eyes.
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet day! my lil' man doesn't know what to think of grass on his feet either... although he doesn't get to feel it much yet, because he is still NOT walking! i just hope he starts before his sister arrives in 6 weeks. the pictures are beautiful. i always get camera talent envy when i see your shots. ; )
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect day and such wonderful photos to document it. I love them!!
ReplyDeletemy two oldest kids, 5and 8, love to hear of our college days. we still live in our college town and occasionally go down to the campus for football games and such. the kids love to hear old stories and see old apartments we lived it. great fun for them. you've inspired me to take them down to the campus for a day of tourism! this summer, maybe.
ReplyDeletei am eagerly awaiting your blog's new title. what fun! question...do you do your own blog design?
Ahhh...the Belltower brings back so many good memories to me.I think those days were the best! So cute that you guys took Sammy and Travis there!
ReplyDeleteTawny did you take photography? Or do you just have a really nice camera that does the trick....I am always inspired by your photos! Your day looked magnificent!
ReplyDeletegorgeous pics... fun fun times!! Beautiful weather... envy, envy! ;) soak up all those days!! they will grow so fast!!
ReplyDeletesigh!
;)