Friday, April 9, 2010

The Handyman Played Hookie


And this is all I have to show for it!

Well, he actually didn't skip work all together...he just got done with one job and instead of going to another, we skipped town to Newport.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

Once we got down there, I grabbed my camera, went to snap pictures of us getting ready on our cruisers...

BATTERY LOW!

It only let me take this picture.

But let me tell you, I am SO glad that it didn't work.
Too often I am stuck behind the lens trying to get every moment captured that I don't get to just have fun with the kids.
Well, that day I did.
Sand in places that I didn't know existed on the kids, we had fun.

Now if I could only get him to play hookie today too...

14 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts.

    Glad YOUR handyman played hookie. Mine will not, even with his sick days, when he is sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what my husband tells me all the time- put down the camera and just enjoy it. It's hard to do sometimes. You want to capture every precious thing they do. Lovely blog.

    Nicole
    http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what day did you go? we were there on our anniversary with lucy on wed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo so true! My hubby gets frustrated with me toting my big camera everywhere and urges me often to put it down and just enjoy life. I try, I really do ;D Glad you had a good time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I just wrote a post aboout that same thing!! My battery wasn't low- I just didn't take mine today to the park/zoo- it felt so crazy to not have it, but like you, I got in on more of the action and it was fun. Glad you had a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, sometimes I think the same thing... that I'm too busy trying to capture all of the great moments we experience, that I don't really experience them. Sometimes it is great to just put the camera down and jump in the fun :)

    I totally want a bike trailer... that's next on our list.

    Glad you could have a fun day off with your family... you seem like you needed it after your busy busy busy schedule lately :)

    I miss you!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun! oooh, i love your post title!!! such a cute kiddo picture! it's so true - us mommy's try to capture all the memories on camera and then we end up missing out on being involved in those memories. my lil' guy has the same paul frank shirt - too cute! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you... and boy do I know exactly what you mean.. When my "big" son playing in the State Championship I was so busy taking pictures that I hardly saw any of the game. Thank goodness I bought the dvd of it... and I'm telling you I didn't remember seeing hardly any of it. haha Sometimes it's nice just to enjoy the day...
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you guys had a fun beach day. It's so true about always being behind the camera. I feel the same way sometimes. I almost feel guilty because I'm not participating, so it was probably meant to be that your battery died!

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!

    I just said the same thing on my blog the other day - that I'd only taken one picture of an entire evening, but I was so thrilled with that because we spent time talking and enjoying each other instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy that you guys had a fun day! That handy man deserves a break..he did great work in your backyard!
    I agree, sometimes it is best to leave the camera or in your case not have enough battery.
    I bet the weather was gorgeous like your kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I leave the camera at home just for that reason! Occasionally I like to just ENJOY the activity, and not worry about being the photographer for once. Glad you had fun girly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live near Newport!! I am so jealous! =) Wait... OR? =)
    I really really want to move south!! I love Cannon Beach and Newport! =) Maybe one day we will get to meet!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool hookie is fun!!~ Tawny I am so sorry it takes me a while to get here...even though I am only doing a couple of posts a week now, I am linking up to so many blog parties, which is awesome, however making my way around to get to other blogs is difficult sometimes due to time constants and family:) So do know I will get here sooner or later:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...