Any LA Ink fans? Or is it just me?
I'd like to think I'm a bit more classy...but I definitely DON'T have her amazing artistic ability.
I tried...
Trying to make a stressful situation light, I was our resident tattoo artist tonight in the Paino household.
Why???
My little man is going in for his 3rd laser surgery tomorrow.
I've cried about it here and here...and I think here too!
My heart and nerves hurt.
I know, I know, I've done it before. Every time he is fine. But that's my baby that I have to hand off even if he is 2 months older each time...

How do you explain to a 1 year old that he can't eat...even when his sister is...he can't?
How do you explain to a 1 year old that he won't remember a thing?
How to you explain to a 1 year old that really, he'll appreciate that we are doing this in the long run?
Well since I can explain all that but he doesn't understand, we have to make light of the situation.

The night before the surgery, we have to outline his PWS with a pen to help out the doctor.
T thinks is funny!
He was giggling the whole time!

Well of course Miss S wants to know why and what we are doing what we are doing.
We told her that we needed to help T's doctor.
She says, "I want to help him too".

So we ALL got TATTOO-ED!
She wanted "Areo" of course...
DON'T LAUGH!!!
I tried.

What do you think the nurses and doctors will think of our cheap thrills tomorrow?

i understand your nerves. i'm going to be praying for you and T that all goes well and it is easy peasy for your sweet boy.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for trying to make light of the situation somewhat. Good luck tomorrow!! I'll be thinking of you and I hope everything goes okay.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Good luck tomorrow Tawny. I know it will be fine, but I sure understand your anxiety. I will be thinking bout ya.
ReplyDelete: )
Will be praying for your little guy tomorrow, and you! Hope everything goes well- I've been through lots of laser surgeries, it's not fun and you are giving him such a gift by taking care of it before he'll ever remember it. This stuff hurts us way more than them. Hang in there, girl- you are such a great mama.
ReplyDeleteWe have had a few surgical procedures with our little man... so so hard to starve them! and we had to clean out the back end too... the things you never ever learn about parenting in a book! and the IV... and the going under! *shudder* Peace be with you girl! I will pray for you tomorrow!
ReplyDeletethe doctor's and nurses will surely appreciate your loving family. what a fun way to calm nerves. i will be praying for your little man today. and for you and your husband, and the doctors. find peace in knowing that you are doing what's best for your little one, and that you do it out of love.
ReplyDeletePrecious, sweet, heartfelt post.. I can not imagine how you feel. It is hard enough to just know your little ones are sick much less "going under".... My prayers and best thoughts are with you today.. And by the way... what a wonderful way for you to make the best of a situation.. You need a GREAT MOM award...
ReplyDeleteBlessings your way today,
Staci
i would be a nervous wreck!!! i love your idea... host a tattoo party for the whole family!!!! you rock. you are one amazing mama. i just said a prayer for you all today. have a wonderful weekend taking care of your sweet lil guy!
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you guys! I hope everything goes well and I will call you tonight! I love the family tattoos :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything. Hope all goes well!
ReplyDeleteI hope all goes well today Tawny. I can't imagine going through something like that with my girls. You are a good Mommy! Love that you all got tattoos! Good luck and I'm going to shoot up a little prayer for you and your family!
ReplyDeletevery cute! and i know each time must be hard even though you've done it before! good luck! i think his arm is looking reat!
ReplyDeleteI hope things went okay today. You're a natural T Von P!
ReplyDeleteAwe.... I can imagine that it is hard every time. You are such a good mama for doing this for T! How cute that you made light of the situation :) I hope all went well today!
ReplyDeleteI can tell that his arm looks much better... hopefully after today it looks even better!
T Von P, how much do you charge? I think I can get you some business, Jake could use some more work :) I am happy to see that you are in good spirits! Travis is looking really great! It was great hanging out with you guys the other night, I look forward to catching up with you soon! T looks extra cool in those shades!!
ReplyDeleteAwe...I can't imagine. But I will say a prayer for your sweet little guy. God bless you all with much peace. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. It really is hardest for the mommies!! Praying for you and your sweet little boy!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I couldn't find your email but I make my buttons with a mac application called pixelmator. I'd love to play around and make a button for you if you'd like. Let me know! :)
we have been told many many MANY times .... " you will never be given more then you can handle". There are times i question that .... but I do think it's true! Nice post, you will want to remember all this, and so will he :)
ReplyDelete