Monday, March 22, 2010

you know you're a...


...Handyman's daughter when you play Eye Spy and you guess "Home Depot" as soon as your Daddy' says, " I spy something orange"...

You know you're a homeowner when you'd rather buy flowers for your BIG BACKYARD RE-DO-pics to come-than go shopping (well that's at least what I told myself that day...)

You know you're a Daddy when you think shoes are optional for the "man store" as your Daddy calls it (regardless of Mommy's objections)


You know that it's Springtime when you get to have pizza outside at the Plaza with Mommy and Daddy...

You know you're a parent when even though you get to go to a BEAUTIFUL wedding-KID FREE, and all you can think about is missing your babies...

...but you still had a FABULOUS time, even resorting to the one-arm-self portraits like college days...

...and you know you're obsessed with your new shoes (yes another pair...which DOESN'T happen often but I had an excuse for the wedding) when you take pictures of them and post them...

Just a bit of randomness on this long Monday...

22 comments:

  1. Girl your blog is adorable!!! I LOVE your shoes! You guys look like such a classy couple, and your kids are just precious! I love your blog, and I will definitely be back to read more! I also like your other blog (the 365 days one) Thanks for stopping by Gerber Days. ;) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts are creative...they make me think outside the writing box. i love the dress you wore to the wedding.
    and why, oh, why, do ALL daddies think shoes are optional? even when it's 40 degrees outside?
    (and sewing totes? easy peasy. if you can sew a straight line, you can sew a tote.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! yay for a weekend of home improvementing and gardening! your kiddos are presh. love that shoes are optional in the man store. that's so something my hubby would say. your shoes are gorgeous... so are you! you are a beautiful couple. it's sweet how we miss our babies so when we're apart from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have become a lover of Home Improvement stores. The hubby transformed me. My girls love it too. What a great and cute post. Fun date night. Those shoes... helllloooooo.. rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN sista! To it all. Still when hubs and I go out, we talk about our kids, and then I try to stop myself!~ Home Depot and Lowes....much rather be there this time of year picking out flowers to create an awesome outdoor space for hanging out with friends.....we live in shorts and bathing suits anyhow so who needs to go clothes shopping. Love your shoes! You guys looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those shoes woman!! I can't wait until it's warm enough here for me to get some flowers - I really can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every girl deserves new shoes every now and then! You guys look great in those pictures from the wedding. I know what you mean about daddys not putting shoes on their kids when going out. Tim won't even think to put pants on Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics Tawny. Cute one of you and Joe too. That wasn't Amanda's wedding right? You guys are busy!

    Love the shoes. A girl can never have enough. And a lady should always wear shoes in a "man store". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you've had a fun few days, with shoes (so cute!) and without.

    it's so exciting that even kids from your class brought books for our project. thank you so much for helping us! you are such a dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a cute blog and adorable family. I found your blog from another blog that I follow.
    I'm a huge photography buff and I love your photos!!! I'm really trying to get myself to take more photos everyday.
    Can't wait to read more...I'm now a follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey just following you back! Your picture blog is to die for cute and this blog is just perfect too! You have such a beautiful family and gorgeous shoes if I do say so myself! Can't wait to get to know you through your adorable blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so cute.. Made me feel like I'd spent the day with you guys.. haha And those are awesome shoes.. A girl can never get too many.. I've decided it's because with shoes...YOU NEVER have a FAT day!! ha
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving those shoes. I cannot wait for all this teasing to end and the warm weather sticks around for good. It was so nice around here the last few days and now suddenly it has turned cool again. Ugh! Soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I can totally relate to most of this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog - your photos are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your comments are always so sweet! thanks a bunch. the titles? sometimes i think of them before the post, sometimes after i write it. some days i feel like i think every little thing i come across or hear could be turned into a title. ha. there's no rhyme or reason. but, i'm super glad you like them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cute post. You really are so creative Tawny!! I love coming and seeing what you are posting about next!! You are one busy bee!! Can't wait to see the backyard redo!!

    I also wanted to thank you for using me for your cake for the shower, I've already gotten 2 inquiries and 1 for sure order from it. I can't thank you enough! You are a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I took so long to comment. Can't wait to see the big yard re-do. You looked really cute and fashionable for the wedding. Maybe we could shop one of these days...I need fashion help :) You are miss popularity on this blog...I think you're famous and everyone LOVES your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! And I LOVE those shoes. I need shoe shopping therapy now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the post. Love those shoes. Great pics of you and Joe. And the kids are darling as usual. I also found some of the comments rather interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE, love, love the shoes!!!!! And having a reason to buy them!!!! Hah... :)
    Jenn
    www.5andahighchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...