Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Well, we had an interesting one alright! We decided to meet up with Joe's friends (Scott and Matt) that live in Hermosa Beach for a day on the sand. The beach is NOT easy with a toddler who wants to sit in the sand, rubs it everywhere, wants to run to the water (because my child has NO fear!), and is cranky!
Like I have mentioned in previous posts, I am not a water and sand girl, though I love the beach. Well on our way down there Sammy only slept for about an hour apposed to her normal 2 1/2 hour nap, so she already was not her chipper self. We got to the sand and instantly Sammy saw a ball and was dying to play with it. That came with the beginning of sand in her mouth! We actually only said hello and then went to get a bite toe eat at this delicious cantina on the pier. However in the few minutes that we were there she was already covered in sand!
Sammy got her lunch so we headed back to the sand. We then realized that we didn't bring all of our bags from the car which was parked at his other friend's house about 3 blocks away. Joe went to get the stuff and came back sweating, poor thing, it was toasty yesterday.
Sammy only lasted about 30 minutes on the beach since we took her in the water and she had sand in places that I didn't even know were places! She came out of the water screaming because she wanted to play more...mind you all of Joe's friends are childless and are mostly dating, so we really took a risk including Sammy, but NORMALLY she is an angel, so of course we thought she'd do fine. I won't be surprised if we don't get an invite for a while :(
Well after her melt down we went back to Scott and Matt's house to clean her up and let her nap, but then decided, we might as well go home, because we didn't want to go back out to the sand after she was already cleaned up and had a nap!
We headed back to Corona and ended up at Katie and Terence's house! It was perfect because they had a block party so their street was blocked off and the kids all had a great time running around playing. It was also perfect because they moved the normal location of the fireworks from Corona High School to Santana park so we could see the fireworks from the front yard. I LOVE fireworks and was really excited for Sammy to see and enjoy them for the first time (she was only 7 weeks last year), so the day ended perfectly!
Before we headed out for the day I wanted to get a few pictures of my American Beauty just in case I didn't later that day!

We tried sitting her on the little wall in the front yard, but we got the "naughty face" instead. She did love waving her little American flag around!
On our way to the beach! I just loved these glasses from Target's dollar bin! I end up buying things I don't even need in the dollar bins-it's a DOLLAR, I have to get it!
I took alot of pictures of Daddy and Sammy on the beach, but I won't bore you with them since they are very repetitive of a previous post!
Upon our arrival to Katie and Terence's house, Sammy was doling out kisses to Connor and Luke!

Sammy found another ball and rolled all over with it!
Mommy and Sammy playing
Perfect 4th of July blanket...I had to get a picture of her on it!

While waiting the last few minutes before the fireworks we were rolling around tackling each other on the blanket, too fun!

EVERY firework was accompanied by an "ooooo", "boooooom", or "ahhhhh" from her little mouth!

3 comments:

  1. Cute patriotic dress on Sammy! Sorry the beach wasn't what you had planned! Looks like Sammy was a trooper staying up until the fireworks though! We actually couldn't see anything from our house. We tried looking out our bedroom window, but saw nothing. Maybe next year if Hannah gets a nap we can see some.

    How is it possible that you can go to the beach and still wear your hair down afterward??? Mine would be fro city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Places like the beach are definitely much harder with a little one! You are brave for even trying it. We've yet to take Ethan to the beach. At least your day ended nicely :) we didn't see any fireworks because Ethan was asleep at 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sammy's 4th of July dress! It's so cute!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun too! And I agree with you... the beach with a toddler is a completely different experience! As is everything!

    To answer your question about the hotel... it was about 25 minutes from Sea World. And yes, the pirate ship was at the kids pool at the hotel. It was pretty nice. We got a good deal because we went and listened to their time share presentaion and got 2 nights there, plus 2 Sea World tickets for $269. Not too bad considering they charge about $200 a night and Sea World is $59 per adult now! And they provided free child care while we went to the stupid sale pitch thing. We hated going to the time share presentation, so not sure if we'd do something like that again. But it was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...