Thursday, July 24, 2008

Temecula Wine Tasting

Our anniversary isn't until August 6th, but it worked out that yesterday we could go out to Temecula to go wine tasting! Neither of us had ever been before, so it was totally new to both of us, and I have to say that I was VERY proud of Joe. He had one very bad experience in collage with a $5 jug of wine, so he NEVER even wants to take a sip of my glasses.
We found a deal through South Coast Winery for a wine tour and a room at the winery. We arrived at 9:30 yesterday for our departure time at 10:45...we should have known then that we had a wild day ahead! We went to 5 different wineries and had a delicious lunch at the Smokehouse Cafe at the Ponte Winery. Our "bus" had 5 couples on it, one of which we actually made friends with and ended up going to the pool together and dinner at the Vineyard Rose (the South Coast Restaurant). It was quiet an experience, one we are definitely going to do again!!!

We had some time to wait before our Grapeline Bus got there, so we explored South Coast Winery...absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Joe was really excited to pick the "actual wine grapes" and eat them!

This is me trying to be a photojournalist!

The winery grounds were beautiful!

The first winery we visited was Leonesse Cellars, and we went on a tour of the barrel room which was really neat. Leonesse had wonderful wine, but maybe we thought that because it was the first one we went to???

Next we went to Wilson Creek Winery, and had delicious Almond Champagne! No pictures though...We then were taken to Ponte to have lunch. Joe was really excited to order a beer for lunch...he still was a trooper though and enjoyed most of the white wines.

We then went to Longshadow Ranch, which was a little tasting room, yet very inviting! So at this point we had been to 4 tasting, and were still heading to one more...Callaway. Callaway was also beautiful, but older.
We got back to South Coast (have NO idea what time) and had free tastings there since we were staying there...probably NOT a good idea for me, but I continued on...
This was Jesse, who we met on the tour and hung out with most of the time! Apparently, 6 tastings made us very friendly...
Whoever took this picture for us, didn't get my camera...oh well, not too bad, just blurry!
Last, but not least, South Coast glasses!
We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again. I'm really bummed that I didn't' take any pictures of the Villas that we stayed in, they were BEAUTIFUL...they had their own courtyards, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs,complimentary bottle of wine...BEAUTIFUL.

6 comments:

  1. How fuN!!! Matt and I will totally have to do that as soon as we can leave Ethan overnight! I'm so glad you had fun. Great pictures, I love them :) You are already getting great at using your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally LOVE South Coast, and are actually “wine club members” there, haha. I shot an engagement session there not too long ago, and ate at the restaurant afterwards …. Great food. I’m so glad you went there, it’s probably one of the best wineries around. I heard it was just awarded the best winery in the state … or ….. something like that. Anyways, awesome pictures by the way, and Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason and I have never been wine tasting either, but I have always wanted to go. After these babies come, we're going! It looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum, I wish i could go wine tasting right now! Did you taste any new wines that you love? I love that Wilson Creek almond champagne. Shelbie introduced us to that a few years ago and now whenever we celebrate something, we open a bottle of that! Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXCELLENT pics !!!
    We love South Coast and Leonnese!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lot of fun! I love all of your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...